Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Tuesday 18th August
Thanks for all your comments guys..... I have decided to take the top back and get a credit.
Purely for the fact that I just can't justify spending that amount on a top that I might only get a month of wear out of.
I know that $90 isn't a lot to some people, but to me it is, and I really do need knickers that don't fall down instead! lol
And.......... last night, I made ANOTHER impulse buy!
I bought a pair of shoes, reduced from $190 to $99.
I felt pressured by the sales lady to buy them..... she was good at her job!
"They are Lovely"
"They will go with pants or a skirt"
"Great brand"
"Great price"
"Leather will stretch" when I mentioned they were a little tight.
Well, this morning I went to wear them, and they are more than a little tight - they are FAR TOO BLOODY TIGHT!!!
So...... they are going back as well !!!!!
And I have decided that one of my goals in life is to try to be more assertive and not to let myself be talked in to something by others.
My gut was telling me on Sunday NOT to buy the top, but I did, cos Jeremy's sister was there, and I didn't want to look like a cheapskate.
My gut was telling me last night NOT to buy the shoes, but I did cos I didn't want to disappoint the sales lady!
HOW BLOODY STUPID!!!
NO MORE!!!
Last night when I got home from work, Jeremy insisted we go out walking...
YAY!!! I was keen.
UNTIL........... he turned in to the personal trainer from HELL!!!!
"Come on Joanna, DIG IN!!!"
"Push yourself harder!!"
"Let's go up this hill"
I'm like WTF????
But, I did it, I "dug in" and "pushed harder" and just when it felt like my throat was going to bleed, we headed home.
The funniest thing............... we had only been walking for 25 minutes!!!
Hahahahahahaha...... God I am SO UNFIT!!!!!!
Bring on the gym I say :)
Speaking of the gym.... I have my assessment tomorrow and am really looking forward to it, but at the same time, I have done something to my shoulder and it bloody HURTS so I am hoping that there wont be too many arm and shoulder things to do tomorrow.
I will just have to tell the trainer that I am in a bit of pain, and hope that she takes it easy on me :)
My workmate reckons that I have done something to the "rotator cuff" in my shoulder, cos every time I try to lift my arm, I get a shooting pain in it - almost like glass rubbing together.
Anyway - I will have to get my butt to the Dr at some stage, cos I did it a couple of weeks ago, and this week it is just getting worse and more painful.
It's a busy week this week...... tomorrow is the gym, then I am off out for dinner with Anne from work, then we are going to a Tupperware party :)
Thursday I am off to Christchurch for a meeting, then back to Wellington in time to meet the rest of my office for a "bonding session" on Thursday night.
Friday night we have drinks after work at a friends place, then it is her daughters 20th party at a local bar, so we have said we will go along to that as well.
I'm looking forward to the weekend - as we have NOTHING planned at all - YAY!
Time to relax!
Righto - I'm gonna shoot off to the Post Office now to send all the TradeMe stuff I have sold.
Hopefully I will beat the lunch time rush and wont have to stand in line for half a bloody hour!
Wish me luck!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Think you made the right decision re your purchases:)
ReplyDeleteGood on Jeremy for getting you out and about.....hope he does it more often....it will benefit you both LOL
All the best for the gym tomorrow :)
Luv ya
xoxoxox
Me again :)
ReplyDeleteMust admit I totally understand you regarding cost vs longevity about the top.
Can you make sure you take a photo of you in the top (and other stuff to make an outfit!!) as then you have a point of reference to help your head change the shape it sees you as.
Is PT Jeremy taking bookings yet??
Cheers
Shona