Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday 10th August - 97.9kg



A small loss this week, and I'm happy with the loss, but not happy at the fact that it is only half of what I gained last week ;)


Last week:  98.4kg
This week:  97.9kg
This weeks Loss:  500grams
Total Loss:  42.7kg

And it is no surprise that I only had a small loss, as I have discovered that I can "graze" all day long (without actually being hungry at all) and still eat my meals fine!
And my portion size is increasing slowly too - and that pisses me off as well !
So, this week I have had enough of the pissing about, I am making a conscious effort to LISTEN to my body, and not my head!

I will eat at meal times only, with NO snacking or grazing in between, and at those meal times, I will dish up a smaller portion, and actually STOP when I feel satisfied, not when I have gone that one step too far - which is EXACTLY what I have been doing for the past week or two!

Time to pull my head in and concentrate on the task at hand..... GETTING TO GOAL!

I have my 6 month appointments on Friday, and I would have dearly loved to have lost more, but at least I achieved one of the goals that I had, and that was to be under 100kg by this time - YAY!!!
Still makes me smile every time I realise that I am UNDER 100kgs!!!

My weekend was fabulous.....
Friday night drinkies with Jeremy's sister, then off out to meet up with Jeremy and some of his customers and workmates at about 10pm.
Pretty sure we got home at about 1am..... Dial a Driver is a wonderful invention!
It was a great evening, even though I drank too much and had a killer headache the next morning :)
Lunch out with my man on Saturday, then we picked up Rhian so that I could take her to Jeremy's niece's 5th birthday party.
While she was there, I did some grocery shopping, then some house tidying, then back to collect her, and take her back to her dad's.
Home again to cook a dinner of cream cheese and apricot stuffed chicken breasts with steamed veges, and then a reasonably early night of about 10pm.
Sunday morning we headed off to Lisa's place for lunch as Mum & Dad & Steph were flying out of Wellington, and were stopping in at Lisas on the way out.
It was great to see everyone again, and I am gutted AGAIN that after not getting photos last weekend, and taking my camera to Lisa's especially so I could get some - I STILL DIDN'T!!!!!!
God I am an idiot sometimes :)
After we left Lisa's, we headed out to Jeremy's Nana's place for a visit and a natter.
It was so cool just sitting there listening to her and her stories.... I could quite honestly sit there for hours just listening to her.
Of course I would give anything to have my own grandparents back, so I guess maybe that is why I find Nana Gert so lovely!
Back home again after our visit, and I cooked a lovely roast lamb for dinner.
It was perfect - thanks Steph :)
But not a hell of a lot of meat on it at all, so Jeremy's idea of cold lamb sandwiches for the week have been dashed!
We had an early night last night and were in bed at about 8.30pm, but I had a crap sleep so woke up this morning bloody grumpy!!!

I blame it all on Jeremy!!!
After being so good with giving up smoking back in January, he stupidly started again about three weeks ago.
Anyway, now he can't sleep, his nose is blocked, his snoring is worse and his sleep apnoea is terrible!!!
I have been awake since 4.30 this morning listening to his erratic breathing and raspy bloody snoring!
NOT HAPPY!!!!
Anyway, it wasn't until he rang this morning and said that he thinks it is the smoking that is causing it, did I click that OF COURSE it is the bloody smoking!
So....... he is going to HAVE to give up again - he knows it, and he knows that he can do it.
I just have to support him AGAIN!
And I will, of course....... because I NEED my sleep :)

Righto - it's lunch time and since I have been pretty bloody good at not snacking today - I'm gonna go enjoy my leftovers!












4 comments:

  1. With spring just around the corner, you will automatically feel more motivated..... and congrats on the loss :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are doing such an awesome job - how good will it feel when you get to goal? How are you going to reward yourself?

    LOL @ Jeremy's smoking keeping you awake - hope he gives up and soon, I know it's not easy but the alternative of interfering with your sleep can be far worse ... lol

    Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book by allen carr called the easyway to stop smoking was the thing that finally made it click for me when I was trying to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good that J is going to give up again!!!!!! Was great seeing everyone together before we left. :)
    Had a bumpy flight over but arrived safe & sound. Will update my blog tomorrow.......dinner time here LOL
    Well done on a loss too by the way. You are looking so good :)
    Luv to all
    Ma
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete