Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Wednesday 12th August
OK - after thinking about it last night, you are all right!!
The gym in the mall here IS expensive at $22 per week.
Although the chick did ring me today to say that if I got someone else to join as well, then it would "only" be $18 per week for a 14 month contract.
Still........ who knows what will be happening in 14 months time *wink*
Don't think I want to lock myself in to a contract that I can't get out of if I need to.
Back to the drawing board :)
Might talk to Jeremy about getting an exercise plan in place and actually STICKING to it - supporting each other and all that partner stuff :)
I have started taking my vitamins again today.
The first few days of not taking them, the constipation woes of late disappeared.
But........ after a week, the honeymoon was over so to speak, and I got bunged up again - WITHOUT the iron tablets!
So, I decided that I would start them all again, PLUS take a low dose laxative in the morning as well and see how that goes.
Time will tell.
Oh yeah - my 6 months appointment that was supposed to be on Friday?
It got changed!
I got a phone call from the clinic to say that there had been a double booking, and my appointment had now been shifted to Saturday 15th at 11am.
Not that I really mind..... I think I will still take the afternoon off work anyway :)
It's my birthday on Sunday, and I am positive that Jeremy has forgotten.
Not that I would expect any different.
This is the person that forgot his own Father's birthday this year, AND his sisters!!!
He hasn't mentioned it at all, and I am too bloody stubborn to remind him of it, so this year, it might just pass with no mention at all.
Ah well, it's only another birthday huh?
Who cares!?!?!
Bah humbug.....
An Avon customer of mine just popped in to collect her order from me, and her comments had me laughing.
She took one look at me and said:
"Shit, you've gotten even skinnier!!"
I just giggled.
Come on.... I don't really think that I am skinny, but it is just plain bloody funny to have people refer to me as that.
I know that I am "skinnier" than what I used to be, but in no way shape or form am I "skinny"
Weird.
I am also going through a bit of a paranoid phase at the moment, and after talking to a few people who have also had this exact surgery, I have found that I am not alone with my completely irrational thoughts!
I panic that my weight loss is finished.
That's it.
I'm not gonna lose any more.
I'm done.
OK, so in reality, it hasn't stopped, it has slowed down remarkably compared to the first few months when it was nothing unusual to have a 2 or 3 kg loss in a week.
Now, it is more like a few hundred grams in a week.
BUT........ it doesn't stop me from thinking that I have stuffed up, that I am failing, that I will be one of the only ones out there that will not get to goal.
I am eating more than I used to straight after surgery - but hey, I KNOW that is completely NORMAL, but you just TRY telling my head that though :)
I thought I had it all sussed out, that my head was doing good, but in reality, it is taking longer that I thought it would for my head to catch up with everything else.
I know that it will in time, and I know that it was never going to be easy, but I just wish it would happen overnight.....
Rambling again...... I'm so good at that :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do you have a Community Gymn nearby? They are usually attatched to the local pools.. and are fantastic, and cheap!
ReplyDeleteYou don't need a fancy gym with the big price tag... just one that has the bloody equipment!
Oh and I'd be livid, pissed and ready to commit murder if my man forgot my birthday!
What is Jeremy's number, I'm gunna ring the shit and remind him....!!!
Had to laugh at Chris H's comment re your birthday.....I thought of doing the same thing only I realised it was after "home time" and you would know it was me ROFL
ReplyDeleteSaturday morning is probably a good time for your appt......just don't get on the wine on friday night LOL Your head will catch up with your body soon.......maybe talk to them on Saturday about it all :)
Luv to you all
xoxoxox
The thing with going to the gym at lunchtime I found was that although the workout is supposedly only 30 mins, you have to get changed into workout geat and changed out again + shower at the end, also it does not include the warm up and warm down.
ReplyDeleteIn regards to your birthday, obviously Jeremy is hopeless at remembering these things so you really have 2 options
1) don't remind him and proceed to be really pissed off for your whole birthday & have a miserable day or
2) Subtly remind him so he can buy you a great pressie & make a big fuss of you and you will have a great day.
Hey Jo
ReplyDeleteThere have been ads on the telly down here in Dunedin saying that if you join Contours for 6 months and stick with it, you get 6 months free.. not sure if that is nationwide but looks like a good deal.
Happy birthday - hope he remembers!
Susan