Monday, August 17, 2009
Monday 17th August - 95.6kg
A good loss this week sees my total loss hit 45kg.
STOKED!
Last week: 97.9
This week: 95.6kg
This weeks Loss: 2.3kg
Total Loss: 45kg
Still finding it hard to believe at times, and just yesterday I had to take a second look at myself in the mirror cos I couldn't believe it was me - strange :)
Friday afternoon was good - I got out of here early, made all my Avon deliveries, had coffee with a friend, then met up with Janene for a quick catch up while Rhian and Jorja played in the park.
HOLY COW - she looks GREAT!!! I am sure she thought I was weird for staring at her so much! hahaha...
Janene - if I didn't say it enough on Friday - YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!
Anyway, after our park visit, Rhian and I headed home to make cupcakes, but they were a royal disaster!
My electronic kitchen scales had gone flat and I didn't have a spare battery, so couldn't measure anything out, and just had to take a gamble.....
The gamble didn't pay off unfortunately, and they were a total flop!
BUT...... they tasted GREAT!! hahaha...
Jeremy's sister popped around for a quick wine later one, and that turned in to her husband coming as well, and bringing the kids, then staying for pizza and going home at about 10.30pm - so it was a great night! Rhian LOVES playing with her kids, so it was fantastic to see them all having such fun.
Saturday morning Jeremy got stuck in to the house work, and I headed off in to town to my 6 month check up with the surgeon.
Well, I am bloody pleased that I didn't trek all the way up to Hamilton for it, because I was literally in his office for about 20 minutes - TOPS!
And, I didn't get to see the nutritionist at all, so not sure why that was, but David (Surgeon) told me that if I had any issues or questions etc, to just email any of his team.
Hmph.... I just felt a bit short changed to be honest!
Anyway, I'm a big girl now, so I will get over it....
We talked about goal setting, and I realised that I don't actually have any goals at all.
My one and only focus for this year, was to get under 100kgs.
OK - so I did that, and then the weight stopped "falling" off.
So, now it is times to set some more goals.
I have been thinking about it, and have a couple floating around in my head, but I really do need to be serious about them, and get them down on to paper.
I will work on that this week.
I also discussed with him my actual "weight" goal, and he informed me that my "ideal weight" is 81kg.
That will give me a BMI of 24.
I can SO do that!!!!!!
Now I juts have to work out when I want it to happen by!
Of course I can sit here and say that I want it by the end of the year - but is that really do-able??
OK - it is 14.6kg that I need to lose to get there.
And, there are 18 weeks left.
That means an average loss of 800grams per week will be needed to achieve it.
Am I being realistic????
Or am I setting myself up for failure????
What do YOU think??
One other thing that came out of my appointment with David, was the results of my blood tests.
I am borderline B12 deficient, and he wants me to start taking supplements.
I will be re-tested in another 12 weeks, but for now, there are things called "B12 Dots" that dissolve under your tongue and he has told me to get some.
And since it is lunch time now.......... I'm off to the chemist to find some!!
BUGGER!
Just got back from lunch, and I went to the chemist, the health shop AND Hardys and none of them had bloody B12 dots!
Hardys said they will have some in at the end of next week!
The chemist doesn't stock them at all, and the other health place was just bloody hopeless!
Grrrrr!!
Anyway........
Did I mention before that I am now just plain Overweight????
How cool is that???
My BMI is now 29, which makes me overweight - I am no longer "Obese"!!!!!!
YEEE HAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah - and I DID join the gym in my building!
I signed up on Friday, and Jeremy is paying half of the weekly fee as part of my birthday present!
Cool huh???
My assessment with the personal trainer is on Wednesday at 3.30pm, and I can't wait!!!
So yesterday was my birthday, and it was just perfect :)
It started at 7.08am when Rhian climbed in to be with me, and put her arms around me and whispered "Happy Birthday Mummy" and gave be a huge hug and a big kiss. GORGEOUS!!!!
Then, she said "Mumma, you can't look at your card yet, cos I just have to go and make it OK?"
Too cute!!
Then Jeremy turned to me and the first words out of his mouth were "Happy Birthday Honey"
Now, just to have my two favourite people both think of me as soon as they woke up was pretty cool *awwwwwww*
We had decided (on Saturday) to go out to Upper Hutt for lunch on Sunday, as there is a place out in the wops that has a great kids area, but since it was raining on Sunday, we decided to can that idea and we ended up going to the Loaded Hog instead.
The food wasn't bad and the company was great, so all in all it was a success :)
After lunch we headed to the mall (as if I don't go there enough during the week!!!) and Jeremy and Pete took the kids off to the $2 shop, while Sonya and I went girlie shopping! It was awesome to have someone else opinion on stuff!
The funny thing was, is that she reckons I am still firmly stuck on the way I "used to be" instead of the way that I actually am - if that makes sense?
Everything I picked up was pretty shapeless and plain, you know the stuff designed to hide your body??
And of course I went for the bigger sizes as well...
She picked up a really gorgeous long line fitted shirt with heaps of detailing and pin tucks everywhere, and told me to try it on.
She also picked up a funky two layer top that was a t-shirt underneath, and a longer line cowl neck tunic thing that had a done at the back for a "fitted" effect.
It was a size L.
Anyway, I went hunting through the rack, and found a bigger size, to which she laughed at!
I obeyed her commands, and toddled off to the changing room, absolutely certain that neither of the tops were going to fit, and that I would prove to her that I am NOT small enough to buy that kind of trendy stuff.
First of all the two layered top........ Holy shit - the t-shirt fitted.
Hmmmm, must have the wrong size on the label I think!!!
The next layer went on and the dome at the back did up and it was GORGEOUS!!!!!!
It is trendy and funky and I loved it!
Anyway, I was still buzzing out a bit at getting in to a size L, when I decided I would bite the bullet and try on the size 16 fitted shirt.
I honestly, hand on my heart, never expected it to fit....
But it did!!!
And apparently it looked great!!!
But........ it was $119 so it stayed on the rack! lol
I did, however, buy the two layer top, and just about died at the price of it......... $89.99
Now anyone who knows me, will know that I HATE spending money on myself..... Well, I hate spending a lot of money on myself.
I will go to the Warehouse and hunt through the sales racks and come away with an arm load of bargains at $5 or $10 a pop.
But to spend $90 on ONE top???
I nearly hyperventilated at the counter........
It was such a bizarre feeling!
And.......... to be honest............... the top is hanging in my wardrobe at home, with the tag still attached to it, and the bag and receipt sitting on my dresser, because I just couldn't bring myself to wear it today.
I have had thoughts about taking it back and exchanging it for a voucher, then I could wait until the sales in a few months and buy a few things for that price.
I talked this over with my friend at work (Anne) and she told me not to be so ridiculous, and that I deserved to have something NEW and nice.
Easy for her to say, she doesn't actually have to work to earn a living, she works because she enjoys the company - long story.
Anyway, even as I type this, I am still in two minds as to what to do???
What would YOU do??
Keep the top and wear it and love it? (even though you don't "need" it)
Or
Take it back and buy 8 pair of new knickers instead??? (cos you KNOW you NEED new knickers!!)
I'm making Chicken Laksa for dinner - from scratch.
Go me!!!
Righto........ I really should go and do some work now.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You rock missy! As for the shirt... Don't ask me cos I really need new knickers!!! hehe
ReplyDeleteKeep the top, you deserve it!!! I spent 3 figures on a coat and the first figure was 6....It is a "Chocolat"
ReplyDeleteDo I regret it? never!!!
And neither should you!!
Happy Belated Birthday and congrats on another awesome loss :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday :)
ReplyDeleteHad to giggle at this:
'Hmph.... I just felt a bit short changed to be honest! Anyway, I'm a big girl now, so I will get over it....'
Haha you are so not a big girl :)
As for the shirt, I personally would keep it as
it marks the head's turning point and gives it a chance for you to physically see yourself as smaller. Wear the damn thing to death & with the biggest of smiles :)
I hear what you are saying about the money & no matter what stage of life we are at we will always need bloody knickers!!
:)
well coming from someone who spent $400 on a paddington coat in a sz 16 (when I was a sz 22) I am probably not the right person to ask, but in my defense I don't splash out on pricey things that often but wouldn't be too worried about the cost of your top, ESPECIALLY if you love it. If your just not to sure about it then take it back, but if you absolutely love it then clock it as up as something you deserve. I figure I've missed out on wearing cool clothes for far to long so am just making up for the decade I spent buying whatever fit.
ReplyDeletePS: I have been wearing my $400 paddington coat for the first time this winter. Yeeee ya. lol
Birthdays and reaching goal marks such as when you reached your 6th month appointment and also getting to the 29 bmi, they are all great reasons to have a celebration purchase, and when you see and wear the top you can have that sense of celebration. I think those occasions are a good time to do something practical like a gym membership, but also to have a couple of fun treats.
ReplyDeletei have noticed from past shopping that a simple black dress, or a top or skirt that can be dressed up or down for work, dinner or whatever adn can be mixed easily with the shoes, handbags, skirts or whatever else one has are usually very good for the money purchases, as one can get pleny of use from the item. Plus if you do get an on special skirt or trousers later, or put the work into taking in some items you have got, or wear some hand me downs gifts from others, you know how much more special they will feel when you mix them up with a new top! from Jasmine, and wow that is so exciting that you are in a good bmi zone now.
Such a tricky question about the top. But I think I would have to go with Janene.... Don't spend $90 on something that you wont fit in a months time!!
ReplyDeleteWhen I finally, reached my goal weight - 24.99999 BMI ;) I "rewarded" myself with 'Ricochet' trousers size 12 (very generous well cut fancy pants type brand). But my body had different ideas and actually settled on of BMI 23 - so the trousers never got worn. I didn't wear them straight away as my brain could not process that I 'could' wear size 12, and no where I went was fancy enough for $160 trousers. Then the weight just kept sliding off and they didn't fit!
Which ties into your first question.... I thought I was done when I reached my goal, I was so happy, felt fantastic, as I was 'smaller' it just got easier to manouver around - forget chaffing (BLERGH). And so I did move around more and my losses just kept coming - I committed to EXERCISE!!!
So in relation to your goal for the end of this year - if you can get into a good positive mind space about using the gym then you go for it!! But I do think the 800gm average is a bit too high. Even 600gm average would be more achievable. But that is such an unsatisfactory 10.8kg, or 84.8kg. Stupid numbers - why do they mess with our heads so bad???? gggrrrr
Anyway - my rambling 2cents. :) Either way you are doing amazing and are an inspiration.
Kylie
Firstly congrats!! Wow you are doing so well....
ReplyDeleteAs for the shirt, if you didn't wear it the next day because you just COULDN'T RESIST IT, then I say take it back. That's my feeling on things I've bought... If I can't wait to wear it to work the next day, it usually hangs there forever and with the way you're going, who knows, you will be needing smaller sizes soon too so you might have to exchange it for a size 12!
Best of luck.
Kate (kittie444)
Great going :) No help on the top front!!! Think everyone else has good points though. If you really love it, wear it and enjoy it as a reminder of how far you have come ........you deserve it.
ReplyDeleteHave fun & enjoy the rest of the week.
Luv to all
xoxoxo
Like me most of your clothes come from the Warehouse & from sales. Every now and then, it is really nice to treat yourself to something that you really love - regardless of the price.
ReplyDeleteI say keep it, wear it to death and once you shrink out of it - flog it off on Trade me thus reducung the overall cost of it.
If you wear it heaps, based on a cost per wear basis, you will get your moneys worth - and if it makes you feel pretty and slim - it is priceless anyway.
Keep IT!!!!!!!!!
Happy late birthday chick!
ReplyDeleteHave been meaning to call ya and have a catch up.
Its 2 years today since David did my op and life couldnt get any better!
Have lost a staggering 137.5 kgs in 2 years.
Am wearing a size 10 dress today!!
Luck and love Kelly xxx