Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday 28th August



The head cold is still hanging around, but I came back to work yesterday, pretty much cos two days off is all I can handle!!

I go stir crazy, I hate being cooped up inside and daytime TV is just bloody terrible!  lol
It's just a head cold, it's not the flu, so all is well..... I'm still stuffed up in my sinuses and ears, but nothing that some nasal spray can't help with.
Although in saying that, it is enough for me NOT to go to the gym, which I am gutted about, but I am not going to pressure myself to go when I am clearly unwell..... enough said :)

The week has been rather slow and boring so I haven't really had a lot to say to be honest.....
Last night we popped around to Jeremy's sisters place for a couple of hours and that was nice and relaxing.
I had half a glass of wine over the course of three hours, and was completely happy in doing so.
So I have shown myself that I CAN limit myself when I need to!

Tonight we are heading out for dinner with the people that we went to Melbourne with last year.
It is Jeremy's biggest customer and his wife, and they are both just lovely!!!
Also coming along is Jeremy's boss and his wife, plus Jeremy's co-worker and his wife, so all in all I am sure it will be a lovely evening.

We are going to a gorgeous wee Italian place in Petone that everyone just loves - Sopranos.
But...... I am slightly nervous about it all, as I don't want to end up having issues with what I eat.
Italian food is traditionally full of cream and pasta etc, so it will be interesting to see what I can find that will actually be suitable for me.
Ah well, if all else fails, I'll just drink my way through dinner and hope that no one notices me not eating!
KIDDING!!!!!!!
I plan on having ONE glass of wine, and a nice meal, and hopefully people wont notice that I will only eat a tiny portion of what I "normally" would!!!
I just had a brainwave........ I will hunt down the menu on the internet and make my choice before I go - that way there will be no stress!!
http://www.sopranocaffe.co.nz/
YAY!!!

What else........
My biggest thrill today is wearing a size 18.
I have had size 18 jeans in my drawer for a while, but they have always been too tight, and I have insisted on wearing my too big 22's, cos I didn't want to go buy any 20's!!!!
Anyway, I tried them on this morning, and you can imagine the size of the grin on my face when TWO of the pairs that have been patiently waiting, now fit me!
I had a CHOICE!!!!
Hahahahaha......
Anyway, I am wearing my smaller jeans today, and feel like a million bucks!
YAY!!!

Not much more to report....... things are still humming along nicely in the weight loss area.....
I can't believe my next milestone will be getting under 90kgs.  
It is still hard to accept the double digits on the scales some days.....  I keep expecting a 1 to pop up in front of my new numbers!  
Crazy stuff.....

Righto, it's nearly lunch time, and I am off on a sock hunting mission for Jeremy.
ALL of his work socks have holes in the toes, so it is my job to find some nice black socks that are not too thick and not too thin.....
Wish me luck!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment