Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Tuesday 20th December 2011
Boot Camp last night was awesome... although I am certainly feeling it today!
Jeremy set the garage up like a circuit thing at the gym, and we had the Cross trainer, the weight machine, some free weights, an exercise bike, and an ab-circle pro!
An infomercial nightmare! hahahahaha.....
It was Me, Sonya and our friend Amy, with Jeremy "training" us... and it was a laugh, but also a great workout!
We are all so damn unfit though, that we all thought we were dying after 40 minutes!
Jeremy was great at pushing us without being too much of an ass, and it must have been OK for the others as well, cos we are supposed to be doing it all over again tonight!
Jaynie slept WAAAAAAY better last night, she went down at 7pm and didn't wake until 3am for a bottle (she took 200mls) and then back to sleep and woke up again at 7am!
If only she would do that every night!!!
Last night's dinner was cold ham off the bone and steamed fresh veges.
YUMMMM!!! I didn't miss the potato at all, and couldn't even get through all the vegetables I dished up for myself.
I have chicken breasts out for tonight so I am thinking that I will do a stir fry with extra veges and just not cook any rice at all... I'm sure Jeremy can deal with that!
Lunch today will be my biggest challenge... I am being taken out by a client, and we are going to an Italian restaurant / Deli.
Of course Pasta is big on the menu, but after studying it earlier this morning (yep - I'm a geek!), I have already decided on the "Agnello alla griglia con balsamico".
It sounds nice.... Char grilled lamb fillet on salad of semi dried tomato, rocket and balsamic glaze.
I'm sure it will be delicious :)
Yoghurt for breakfast this morning followed by a coffee (all at about 8.30am) but found myself hungry at 9.30am and looking for food!
I managed to get by for about half an hour by drinking water, but by 10am I was looking for food again, so had a handful of nuts.
I haven't really found myself being hungry at all lately, so it took my by surprise this morning.... luckily I had nuts on hand for such an "emergency" hehehe....
In the past, it would have been chocolate or lollies of some kind!
Yesterday, one of my co-workers brought in a carrot cake with cream cheese icing, and I didn't even batt an eyelid... it didn't worry me at all, and I wasn't tempted in the slightest to have a piece - YAY!!!
Righto - I'm off to lunch :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well done Jo. I've been low carbing for a few weeks now and I'm just loving how I feel, no longer hungry, no longer craving - plus the benefits are huge.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Jaynie's feeling better -n poor thing ear infections are not nice even for adults.
Don't you give up.
Well done Day 1 of bootcamp.
ReplyDeleteI am so pleased for you that Jaynie had a decent sleep - that means you did too.
Well done with the carrot cake! I too have been passing on such foods, unheard of for me. The bootcamp is a great idea, much more fun exercising with others too.
ReplyDeleteOne thing I keep on hand for an emergency moment are the Atkins bars - there are two kinds the smaller chocolate type bars and the protein bars. I love the smaller ones and find if I have one if I am out and about that it does me. I usually stock up on a few when they are on special at the supermarket (in the health section next to the protein shakes etc).
We too check out menus and figure out what to have - there is usually something on the menu and even if there is potato or rice etc, no one forces you to eat it. I find that if I don't mention what I eat, no one notices what I don't eat!