Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday 19th December 2011



I'm tired beyond tired....

Last night was a terrible night with Jaynie, in fact, probably one of the worst nights we have had in the last 6 months!
She went to bed at 7.30pm, then woke at 10pm.... Jeremy got up to her and tried to give her a bottle, but she wouldn't take it, all she wanted to do was suckle on the teat.
He managed to settle her down, but then at 11pm she started screaming.... and screaming, and screaming....
I got up to her that time, and again, she wouldn't take the bottle, all she wanted to do was suckle on it and doze...
by 1am I was still trying to get her back to sleep, and I was fast losing my patience and my mind, so Jeremy took over again, and I think it was about 2am when he brought her i to bed with us.
She eventually dozed off, and I woke up at 4.10am and put her back in to her cot...
She cried again, but she was just so exhausted, she actually went back to sleep....
So.... all up, Jeremy and I have probably had about 3 hours sleep each, and are both drained...
I managed to get her in tot h Dr this morning, by almost bursting in to tears on he phone when they told me that the next available appointment was Thursday!!
And it turns out that she has another ear infection... only in one ear this time, but it would certainly explain the coughing, runny nose, and crying when she lies down.
It would also explain the fact  that she just wants to suckle on the bottle instead of actually drink out of it, because apparently, the sucking motion can ease the pain in the ears...
The major alarm bells went for me when she started rubbing at her ear at 4am this morning when she was half asleep... that's when I suspected another infection.
She has had such a good run of late, I guess it was just a matter of time before another one reared it's ugly head!
Fingers crossed that the antibiotics kick in fast and start to work straight away.
I am gonna invest in some Baby Nurofen too, and give her a bit before bed, hopefully that will help her get to sleep as well...
I hate seeing my baby unwell, it's heartbreaking :(

Anyway.... on to other stuff now...
I realised on Saturday morning that I must have been overeating HUGELY in the past few months... I came to this realisation when I was making toast for the girls...
I put 4 slices in the toaster, not even thinking about it, and it wasn't until it had popped and I was buttering it, that I realised Jaynie only has half a slice (2 x quarters) and Rhian has 1 1/2 slices..... I was eating the other two slices of toast!!!
With loads of butter and peanut butter or honey.....
But... I was telling myself that I wasn't having breakfast, cos I wasn't actually sitting down and having it, I was just eating it as I was making it.... DUMB!!!!
Another thing that I realised (and had to stop myself from doing) was eating biscuits!
I'm not really a biscuit person.... so I thought!
I was getting one for Jaynie on Saturday, and actually had to stop myself from eating one too!
Then I thought about it, and realised that I could quite easily eat 2 or 3 biscuits in a few minutes, while Jaynie was munching on her ONE!
Of course there is also all the other little bits here and there that I was eating too.... crusts off the sandwiches made for Jaynie, a hunk of cheese, or a couple of crackers...
If I sat down and added up all the "incidental" calories that I was consuming, it's no bloody wonder I was getting bigger!
Glad I got on to it before it got completely out of hand - that is for damn sure!!!

We went out on Sunday to do the very last of the Xmas shopping, and ended up at the Mall for lunch... I have never really thought about it before, but there is a hell of a lot of food that has masses of carbs, and not much that doesn't.
Jeremy got Nandos chicken and chips.... something I wold have LOVED to have had.
Rhian got McDonalds.... a burger and chips.  Again, I would have loved that as well!
In the past if I was trying to be healthy, I would have gone for Subway, but with low carbing it, I would have had to have had it WITHOUT the Bread - no thanks!  Hehehehe...
So... I ended up at Kyoto... a Japanese place that does sushi etc...  I got a Scotch Fillet Tepenyaki plate,. which fitted in with what I needed just perfectly!
Well... apart from the rice of course, but I left that in the bowl and didn't touch it!
So, I was left with some stir-fried vegetables (mostly cabbage, with a little bit of broccoli, mushroom & carrot) and a grilled scotch fillet steak sliced up over the top.
It also comes with a bowl of steamed white rice and a bowl of Miso sop, but I hate the miso and I didn't touch the rice - and I was full to bursting, I couldn't even finish it all!
And afterwards, even the smell of fresh dunkin donuts didn't tempt me!  hehehe...

Dinner on Sunday night was fresh fish and green salad, and usually in the salad, I add some crispy noodles, this time I didn't, and I didn't even miss them!
I also skipped the potato, and again - didn't feel that I was depriving myself at all...
It has certainly surprised me, how much fuller I feel with less food these days.... OK so it has only been 4 days (today is the 5th) but I already FEEL so much better within myself...
I'm not bloated anymore, I have more energy (even after only 3 hours sleep!!), and I'm just generally feeling a lot more positive.
YAY!
The scales have already been kind to me, and this morning I was 90.5kg, so that is a loss of 3.1kg in 4 days!
I'm pretty bloody happy with that!

Tonight is the first night of "Boot Camp" with Jeremy...
The idea came about on Friday night, when we were at Sonya's place.
They were all giving me shit about not drinking, and I just said that I HAVE to do it this time.... I just HAVE to!
Then, Amy started talking about doing a boot camp thing at the gym, and Sonya said she would be in to something like that, and I said that I was exercising at home, and then Jeremy chimed in.....
He said that he would get us all in shape, and none of us would have to pay a cent...
So.... that is exactly what is going to happen!
We are all going to meet at our place tonight and Jeremy is going to "sort us out"
It should be interesting, cos I have NO IDEA what he has in store for us, but I know that it will be fantastic having other people to be accountable to as well...

BRING IT ON!!!

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing isn't it with healthy eating how much better you feel :) I know it is only early days but this way of life really seems to suit me.
    Look forward to hearing all about "boot camp" and hearing that Jeremy joined in. What a "hot" wedding party you will make :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the lunch choice Jo, it sounds delicious. Poor little Jaynie! Hope it sorts out soon. Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Subway do salads too. Just choose all the salad 'thingys' you want and top it with some meat (I usually have the chicken), and a low cal dressing. I think its around 2 of the old ww points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thrilled that you are doing this. I've read your entries for ages where you say you can't stop eating because you are so hungry and I knew this would work for you but I hate to push it on people. You really have to be ready and want to.

    Great lunch choice!! I often get a help yourself Thai selection but leave off the noodles or rice. It is a challenge eating out. You can get carbless kababs too.

    Don't forget also that if you lower your carbs right down you can (and should) go full fat for things like dressings, milk, cheese etc. These are usually lower in carbs and actually aid your weight loss.

    It is strange to do this after doing WW because it really turns everything we have learned on its head. I find the simple rule of no grains though cuts out so much rubbish (like you said, the toast you ate without even realising). You will fit that dress before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete