Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thursday 8th December 2011




Wow - yesterday's post was in no way an appeal for comments, but it certainly brought a lot of you out of the woodwork!
*waves* Hi!!!
And thank you!

I guess it just goes to show that people care, and that's pretty cool :)

I know that I blog WAY more when I am doing well and on track, and it's probably because when I am not doing so well, I feel like a bit of a failure, and who he heck wants to read negative crap right??
And, then there is also the fact that sometimes I don't feel I have the "right" to complain!

For example.... there are people out there that are trying to have a baby, and others that may have recently lost one.... yet I come here and complain that my 9 month old is not sleeping and that I am tired.... sooooo tired!
There are people out there that would KILL to be tired because of that very reason!

I come on here and complain that I have 8kgs to lose..... and that it is "so hard", yet there are people out there that have 80kgs + to lose, and can't take that first step...
What right do I have to complain about 8kgs??

There are people who can't afford to pay their mortgage, and are in dire straights financially, yet I come here and complain that the fence cost us more to build than what we had planned... I have a house, and a mortgage that is paid easily, and money in the bank (albeit not a hell of a lot) ..... what right do I have to complain about being "broke"??

I have a job that pays well and that I love (most of the time), while there are so many people out there that can't get a decent job, that can't even get an interview.... what right do I have to complain that I missed a lunch break last Tuesday??

Hmmmmmm.... food for thought me thinks!






6 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. Especially with Christchurch the recession, etc. Having said that though, you are still living your life, and venting about something smaller here to friends is better than not dealing with it at all. I agree entirely about being lucky compared to others for having a baby, but it doesn't make it less exhausting in the night to know that, does it? (let me know if it does, btw...). You aren't on here telling us all how much harder your life is than everybody else's, you are simply blogging about your life, and this is your life right now. I have been feeling a bit weird about mine, like I am expecting people to care about the stuff I write about, but my small number of readers do seem to enjoy hearing about my life and they are not obliged to read. I'm with the others, I always go to yours for an update and don't hold it against you if you are too busy etc to write one for us. I thought of you the other day while giving into the temptation of Milky Bar though!

    Good luck with it all Jo, and feel free to continue to write as it works for you. Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve everything you had :O)
    and the video's are just adorable Thank you for sharing.
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle could not have said it better myself...you deserve this ALL OF THIS, and yes you are right in saying that there are many who would like to be lighter, pregnant, employed, financially better off, but you can still, and should still vent to us here about the negative as well as the positive. God knows I would love to be 50 kilos lighter than pregnant, definately able to work instead of being off with this stupid back, but I am alot better off than others, and can I just say you blog be it negative or positive, always leaves me with a smile, or a "I understand", and I want more. You, for many of us, are just whom we need in our lives. God knows maybe I should right a blog, I mean my facebook updates people tune in for the human/humor factor, and be it negative or positive. Big hugs Jo xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, just to be clear, I thought of you in sympathy with the Milky Bar craving, not in judgement! Love the videos! Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe - I love your infectious laugh in the videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is certainly adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete