It's been a long day already... Jaynie woke at 5am, and there was no way in hell that she was going back to sleep!!
ARGH!!!!
Then Rhian got up at 6am, and then Jeremy went to work, so at 7am I decided that we might as well go over to the market in Lower Hutt and stock up on fruit and vegetables since we are gonna be eating a hell of a lot of them!!
So that is exactly what we did!
Then, we (Rhian, Jaynie and myself) went to the supermarket and got groceries, and came home again - we were back by 10.30am!
Jeremy got a ham from work yesterday, so I basted it with cranberry sauce and baked it yesterday....... BLOODY DELICIOUS!!!!
We went around to Sonya's last night, and I took the open bottle of wine that was in the fridge, I knew it was only 2 glasses, and I decided that was my limit!
After I'd had my 2 glasses, I made a coffee then we came home not long after that and had ham for dinner.
It felt so damn good to be in control for a change!
There were snacks galore, but I just munched on a few carrot sticks instead of diving in to the chippies and breads etc...
YAY ME!!
I'm feeling far less bloated, in just 2 days of doing this low carb thing... and I am already not having the major sugar cravings that have hounded me all day long for the past few months!
I'm also listening to my body more, and not giving in to the "head hunger".
Now, if I feel the need to eat, I will have a drink, and if in 10 minutes I still feel the need to eat, I will have a small slice of ham, or a couple of nuts.
I'm feeling in control and not wanting to stuff it up again...
Rhian has just gone off to Sonyas to play, and Jaynie is in bed, so it's time to relax - YAY!
Woo hoo :) We can do it :)
ReplyDeleteLuv ya
xoxoxo
Yay Jo! Well done. I wish I had your motivation. You writing about Jaynie reminded me I just talked to my sister in Melbourne - her 18 month old girl is running around the edge of the trampoline when her mum isn't looking rather than staying in the safety net and jumping like she is supposed to. We were just saying she is lucky she is so cute or she would get into trouble a lot more for being determined and un-safety conscious! I guess you were feeling the same way about gorgeous Jaynie this morning? Good luck over the weekend! Penny xo
ReplyDeleteOnce again - you are motivating me!!
ReplyDeleteFan-bloody-tastic to hear that you are feeling positive and actually beating those food cravings!! Watch not to eat too much high sugar fruit but other than that your are doing brilliantly. Ham and a few nuts make a great snack too. I have cheese too - don't worry about calories, he principle is to lower your overall appetite and not spike your blood sugar which increases insulin.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to more good news !!