Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Wednesday 18th August 2010
Thanks for the birthday wishes :)
I had a great day!
Jeremy took me out for dinner, and I didn't need to lift a finger all night - it was just BLISS!
Of course it turned in to panic when I realised that I had a meeting in Christchurch the next day that I had totally forgotten about, and we didn't have a working bathroom so I couldn't have a shower!
ARGH!
Cue a quick trip to Jeremy's dads place for a Monday night shower, and it was crisis averted :)
It was a quick trip to Christchurch yesterday, and I basically had enough time to fly in, grab a coffee, get to the meeting, attend a short training session afterwards, then back to the Christchurch office for a quick sandwich for lunch, then back to the airport!
Both flights were terrible, and I must admit that landing back in Wellington yesterday afternoon, was the worst landing I have ever had here....
I wasn't feeling great to start with, so not only did I have the morning sickness to contend with, I also got a bit of motion sickness as well!
NOT FAIR :(
I can't believe how little I need to do these days to get tired.... some mornings it is a real struggle just to get out of bed, but I know that I don't have an option.....
I'm sure the people in my office have got used to me rushing out of the door to run to the loos by now.... other times I just find myself sitting at my desk with my head between my knees, willing the room to stop spinning!
Crazy stuff!!
But...... on the upside to everything, I'm totally happy!!!
We now have a fully functioning shower and OhMiGod it is AMAZING!
OK, so the builder can't come back until next week........... DON'T ASK (NOT HAPPY!)
But what we have so far, is totally GORGEOUS!
I seriously nearly cried while standing under a glorious full hot stream of water last night..... we actually have PRESSURE!!!
FANTASTIC!!!
So.... the walls have been lined, the bath has been installed, the slide shower is in (and working) the curtain rail is up.
What still needs to be done: the side of the bath needs to be lined, Scotia's and architraves needs to be attached, window surround to be reattached, vanity installed and plumbed in, light & heater installed and wired in, end of the bath needs to be sealed, roof painted, door repainted and re-hung, lino laid.
What a freaken joke!!!
But.... I'm going to try my damnedest NOT to complain too much about the stupid builder, because I know that it isn't Jeremy's fault, and he is just as pissed off as I am.....
All I know is that I can actually have a shower now in my own house and that makes me smile :)
I start Puppy Pre-School with Bella tomorrow night..... we HAVE to teach that dog some manners!! lol
She will just take off if she can get through the gate, and I always vowed and declared that I would NEVER have a dog that wouldn't come back when I called them!
Tyla and Teagan were both absolutely brilliant, and we could leave the house open just KNOWING that they would never leave the property.
I could walk them both off the leads, knowing that they would never be more than a few feet away from my side.
Bella, on the other hand is completely MENTAL!!!!!
At the first glimpse of freedom, she will be OFF! Running a million miles an hour down the road, and of course she has absolutely NO road sense at all, so cars to her are nothing!
Hopefully it is something that can be trained out of her, cos there is NO WAY that I am going to chase her down the bloody street every time she manages to slip past one of us and get through the gate.....
I just want her to come back when I call her..... fingers crossed we have some success!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Best of British Luck with Bella. Remember Honey & Tarsha!!!!!!! Enough said LOL
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear the shower is working. No wonder you are happy. Bugger about the builder though!!!
have a good rest of week.
Luv & Hugs
xoxoxo
Good luck with Bella! Rachel is still talking about her and both her and I would like one just like her! :)
ReplyDeleteYay for a working shower! But bummer about the rest of the work being delayed! But in the end it will be worth it!!!
Jo, can I please have your carrot cake recipie, When I make them they are always a dissapointment.
ReplyDeleteMaggie (Au)