Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday 11th August 2010



The weight gain from last week must have been fluid or food or something......... cos most of it has gone again!

85.5kg this morning.... weird!
I have to admit, I'm a touch paranoid about gaining weight, but in saying that - I still know that it is inevitable!
I've had quite a bit of morning sickness over the past week, and maybe that is the reason behind the scales going down as well?
I've thrown up a couple of days, and other days I just can't face food without retching.
It seems to be worse every 2nd day, which is kinda strange, and some mornings it hits before I even set foot out of bed!
Anyway..... when pregnant with Rhian I craved spicy savoury stuff, this time (so far) there is nothing that I have particularly wanted.
I'm picking that will come later on though anyway, I'm sure my craving started later with her.
I still remember standing over the kitchen sink with a jar of pickled onions, shovelling them in to my mouth.  The tears were streaming down my face cos they were quite spicy, and my nose was running, but I just couldn't stop eating them!  I think I got through half a jar before I finally managed to stop myself!
All I seem to want at the moment is cold water!  I always have a water bottle on my desk anyway, but it gets warmer as the day progresses.  So now, I find that I have to refill it more often to keep it cold.
Make sense?
Anyway...... I have my first midwife appointment this afternoon (providing she doesn't get called to a birth) and I'm looking forward to meeting her :)

Went and organised the building stuff for he bathroom today.
Now all we need to get is the bath and the vanity, and we are good to rock and roll.
Pretty sure that is on the agenda for tomorrow!
This weekend will see the demolition of the old bathroom, so it will be "interesting" to say the least :)

And I've decided to make Sushi for the party we are going to on Saturday night....  that way - i can eat some myself :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo,

    I have a lapband, I realise totally different to what you have but with my recent pregnancy (my little girl is only 12 weeks) I actually lost 15 kg, I was much heavier than you though) my Dr says its a myth that you HAVE to put weight on, having said as I said my start weight was 40kg heavier than yourself. I had quite bad morning sickness till 22 weeks (didnt with my first child which was a boy) I just ate my normal foods and did some walking. I also had GD so was forced to cut out anything sweet. So pleased for you with the pregnancy. Hope all goes well and you feel great througout it. Take Care Wendy

    ReplyDelete