Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday 24th August 2010



I'm officially divorced :)

The letter came through the other day, so it's all now official.
Actually, the official date of the divorce is 16th August - my birthday.
Cute ;)

When I was talking to Chris last week, he mentioned that Teagan had gone off her food and was losing weight.
For those long loooong time followers of this blog, you will know that Teagan is the Rottweiler that we got together before Rhian was born.
When we separated, Chris wanted to get a house, I wanted to get a flat, so it seemed the sensible thing to do for him to have Teagan.
I have seen her over the past 4 years, and although she always remembered me and always came racing up to see me, the bond was broken, and she wasn't my dog anymore.
So when Chris told me last week of her being sick, I was sad, but not really concerned - if that makes sense?
Anyway, over the past week, he has spent a small fortune on her, and he got the news that he didn't want to hear...
She had Lymphoma Cancer and it was pretty aggressive.
The vet said that they could attempt to treat it, but realistically, it may have given her a few more weeks, or months, but certainly not years, and not of any great quality.
So last night, Teagan went to the vet for the last time, and is now probably frolicking around in animal heaven with our first dog Tyla, and my cat Sharna.
Chris is devastated, and while talking to him yesterday, we were both in tears.  I am completely gutted for him, as I know how much he adored Teagan.
Last night, I was looking at Facebook, and Rhian was beside me, I saw that Chris had changed his profile picture to a photo of Teagan, and Rhian wanted me to read what it said beside it.
This is what it said:  "

Got the phone call i have been dreading all day from the vet telling me my 7 year old rottie has cancer and there is nothing they can do , so at 7.00 tonight it s off to the vet for the last time .. so fucked off ...


The tears welled up in my eyes, as I tried to lie and tell her that it said "My dogs name is Teagan and she is 7 years old"
Yeah right!!!  
She told me off, and said "That's NOT what it says!!  Read it properly Mum!"
So I did, and after a few questions from her, she started crying as well.
But ya know what........ my darling girl wasn't too concerned over Teagan, her main concern was her Dad.
She looked at me with tears rolling down her cheeks and her chin quivering and said
"Oh Mummy, My Daddy is going to be so upset!"
It absolutely broke my heart!
I have always known that she was a caring wee soul, and I guess last night just totally proved it to me.
She wasn't worried about herself, she wasn't worried about Teagan, she was just worried about her Dad.
What an amazing daughter we have!
Anyway, today she reckons she is going to tell everyone in her class that Teagan has cancer and has gone to Doggie Heaven!
Good luck to the teacher with that one I reckon ;)

I'm in a better mood this morning.
Well, better than yesterday anyway ;)
Still not 100%, but I will get there.
I'm trying to eat little bits of food more often, and it seems to be working, so that has to be a good thing right?
I have already spoken to the nutritionist at my surgeons office, and have been told that there is nothing that I really NEED to do, except make sure that I am taking all of my vitamins and supplements etc.
She also said "be prepared to gain 10 - 15kg, but also be prepared to lose it again!"
Hahahaha......... if I have my way, there will be NO WAY IN HELL that I gain 15kg - that would put me back in double digits, and there is NO FREAKEN CHANCE that I am going back there - EVER!!!
My plan is to weigh in once a month, and just be sensible with my eating.
Well...... that's the plan anyway!!  hehehehehe....
Once I can find the bathroom scales, I will jump on them this week.
They are somewhere in the spare room, along with everything else out of the bathroom!
And, speaking of the bathroom, the builder arrived at 7.30am this morning to finish the job!
He is also going to hang our new back door, and the wardrobe doors in our bedroom too.
SO EXCITING!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Teagan, and make sure you keep the divorce letter handy you will need it when you get your marriage license :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about Teagan, I remember Teagan well. Your daughter is a very caring little girl. She must take it from her parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also remmber Teagan from blogs gone by.
    A chapter in your life has closed to make the door open for new life new baby wedding and new life together

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when you got Teagan....wow hasnt a lot happened for you since then.

    Im so very sorry to hear that she has gone to heaven....God Bless

    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete