Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday 16th August 2010

Happy Birthday to Me :)
Yep - another year older today........ 38.
Only 2 years to go till 40 - YIKES!!
Some gorgeous flowers just appeared on my desk from Steph and Chris and Tyler and Mum and Dad - so that was just AWESOME!
They are beautiful too, and have such an amazing smell....
The picture truly doesn't do them any justice at all!


I made my "famous" carrot cake for morning tea this morning.... it has gone down a treat with everyone raving about it!
It always does :)
I even caved in and had a piece....... should have known better though, cos I spent the next half hour suffering from it!
Ah well - it's only my birthday once a year huh? lol
I think I am being taken out for dinner tonight....... to be honest, I'm not too fussed!
When asked what I wanted for my birthday, I responded "a day of doing nothing!"
I just want a night off cooking...... I don't want to think about what to cook, I don't want to cook, and I don't want to clean up afterwards....
Simple request huh?

The weekend was hectic busy, but productive busy if that makes sense?
We got the majority of the bathroom stripped out on Saturday, then the remainder on Sunday morning, then Jeremy and his dad re-plumbed it all, ready for the builder this morning, who turned up at 7.45am ready to start!
YEE-HA!
It's all finally happening!
I tell ya what - I nearly cried when they tested out he new shower head yesterday...... for the past few years, we have had to put up with a $14.99 plastic job from the Warehouse, attached to the bath taps, and stuck to the wall.
I wouldn't let Rhian shower at all, simply because the pressure and temperature was so volatile, I didn't trust her not to get scalded!!!
Now..... she is going to be able to have all the showers she wants, and wont have to be stuck with baths every night!
She is pretty excited about that I can tell you!!!

We had a 30th party to go to on Saturday night, which was fun, but we didn't stay that long at all.
It started at 6pm, but the birthday girl didn't arrive home until after 7pm (it was a surprise party), and we were all outside, with no heating!
Rhian was tired, Jeremy was knackered, and I was just blah.....
So, we offered to take Jeremy's niece home with us for the night, and "escaped" at about 8pm!
The sushi that I made to take was an absolute hit, and everyone raved about it - it was the first thing to be eaten, so it must have been good :)
The one downer about the night, was that my gorgeous long red suede boots got ruined!!!
I was sitting at the table, and one of the cousins picked up a candle that her daughter had blown out, and went to light it off another candle still burning.
When she tipped it up, the hot melted wax tipped out and landed all over one of my boots.
I felt it happen, but didn't want to make a big deal out of it, so I cried a wee bit on the inside, then went to the loo to investigate the damage.....
Yep - pretty much stuffed!
Not sure if there is any way to get wax off suede..... I must google it this afternoon actually!

Righto..... time to go sort out some lunch!
My tummy is churning with morning sickness, but at the same time it is also rumbling a bit from hunger!
Ain't this baby growing thing just grand ;)

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I hope it was a great day all through till the end of the day.
    And by the way, don't worry about 40 being so close :) I turned 40 a couple of months ago and it's actually not bad at all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, I hope it continues to be a nice day for you.

    Re the boots, once the wax dries you may be able to just pick it off then use a soft brush for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday JO!!!! Hope you got what you wanted for your birthday and that the bathrooms all finished. It's so nice having a nice bathroom.

    That little bub of yours is growing well. I'm so happy you have so much happiness in your world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure about wax on suede but paper towel placed on the wax then a hot iron over that gets wax out of most everything. Give it a go, nothing to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Jo, wishing you a wonderful year ahead. How exciting about being at the 8 weeks. All the best from jasmine,(long term blog reader)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh shit, sorry I missed your birthday.........a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me chic!

    ReplyDelete