Friday, August 6, 2010
Friday 6th August 2010
It's Friday!
YEE-HA!!!
I had a great sleep last night, and feel fantastic today.
Apart from the nausea, but I'm sipping on a Ginger Beer, and it seems to be helping ever so slightly :)
Not entirely sure what the weekend will entail, but I know we wont be demolishing the bathroom :)
The builder is apparently "locked and loaded" to start our place on Monday the 16th August, so next weekend will be the demolition one.
I can't wait!
Rhian is a popular girl this weekend, and has 3 (yes THREE) birthday parties to go to.
2 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday.
She is looking forward to them all, as they are all going to be completely different!
The first one on Saturday is for Jeremy's niece, Lizzie.
She will be 6 and it is a pony theme party.
They have hired a real pony and will be doing rides in the backyard! How cool!!
Let's just hope the rain holds off long enough for them all to get a turn!
The 2nd one on Saturday is for a little girl in Rhian's class, and it is being held at the local swimming pool, and since Miss Rhian is a total water baby, she is really looking forward to that one! Plus, it is from 5pm - 7.30pm, so Rhian thinks that is way cool, cos her bedtime is 7.30pm and it means she will get to stay up late! too cute :)
And then the 3rd party is on Sunday, and is for a little boy in her class, and they are having that one at his home..... I'm sure Rhian will have a blast at all 3.
Of course it has just about sent me broke buying all the presents, but hey - whaddaya do huh?
Been thinking more and more about the wedding lately.....
We have some major decisions to make about it all.
Do we just go ahead and have a "small" casual family thing BEFORE the baby is born, or do we go ahead with out original plans of March 2012 and have a bigger (but still casual) thing.
I know this is gonna sound SOOOOOOO conceited, but one of the things I was looking froward to about the wedding, is having a gorgeous dress.
A dress that I LOVE because it is pretty and what I want, not a dress that I have to have because it is the only one in the shop that fits.
Anyway, I KNOW that my belly is gonna be expanding over the next 9 months, so if we get married BEFORE the baby is born, then I will do so with a baby bump and wont necessarily be able to have the dress I dream of.
But..... if we wait until the original date of March 2012, I would have lost all my baby weight, and be back to where I am happy and comfortable (in theory), and then I can get the dress of my dreams.
SELFISH MUCH??
Hmmmmmm, decisions decisions.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL....you have time to have a nice small wedding before baby bump shows and you can have the dress you want. Good undies remember will hide lots :) Then later have the bigger party to celebrate not only your marriage but the new little one that you will have in your life ( maybe to christen or have a naming ceremony as well)and wear the same or another gorgeous dress.
ReplyDeleteI know you are both aware of how all us "olds" feel from both families about being married before baby is born but this is your decision and your life and we will all support you whichever way you choose to go. We love you :)xoxo
Stick to the original date then both your children can be there & be a part of it. Also less pressure for you to organise & pay for. That's my humble opinion anyway.
ReplyDeleteHi Jo,
ReplyDeleteMy two cents (and this is entirely biased): I have been to a few weddings where the parents were getting married and the first child had already arrived. Noone there had any issue with it - all very open. The one thing that occurred to me (and this is the biased bit) - I am the second child in my family (four daughters). Our parents got married before any of us were born. The only thing I thought about my friends' weddings with number 1 there was about how I might feel later on in life if I had learned my big sister was at Mum and Dad's wedding and I wasn't. It was an odd thought, probably linked to the realisation that the world existed before I was born (really? can't have been that interesting, surely?! Why would people even bother without me around? Just joking, of course). It has made me think though. Other than that, the other thought is that at the wedding with a young baby you might not fully be able to relax, but I guess you can't anyway if you are pregnant and not necessarily feeling your best.
I guess the other thing relevant to your situation is I have a 17 year old stepdaughter and would want to include her fully as of course you will with your daughter Rhian. Tough things to think about but I think the people that matter will understand whatever you choose to do. One funny thing with my stepdaughter is over the years when we have talked about me and her dad having children she has gone from "nah, I like things just being about me" at nine to "yeah, that would be cool, especially if it makes you happy" as she got older. So good to see them grow and mature! even if a bit scary.
Anyway, look forward to hearing what you decide to do. Thanks for sharing your blog!
best wishes, Penny
Or you could put the wedding off for another year after the original date and have Rhian as a bridesmaid and 'baby' as either the flower girl or page boy?
ReplyDeleteYou would have more money, more time to organise and both your babies included in your special day.
Definitely important for you to do what feels right for you! Personally I want the same thing (to be married in the dress I want rather than the one that fits), we're celebrating our 6th anniversary this year and will be renweing vows for our 10th just so I can do it :-)
ReplyDeleteHope Rhian had a great time at her parties!