Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday 23rd August 2010


I'm as grumpy as hell today..... just can't shake it.
Everything is irritating me.
People talking in my office, stupid questions by co-workers, the smell of hot fresh coffee that someone just brought back to their desk....
No one can win today, I am snapping at everyone, and they have all learnt pretty quick not to bother me.
I hate feeling like this, but like I said.... I just can't shake it today.

Yep - I'm having a bit of a pity party - can ya tell?????
I'm absolutely LOVING the fact that I am pregnant - LOVING IT!
Absolutely 100% thrilled at the fact that in March we will be welcoming a brand new baby in to our lives.
Words can barely describe the way I feel about it all.
BUT........... the 1st trimester is an absolute BITCH!
I went home just after midday on Friday cos I could barely hold my head up without wanting to vomit.
Basically, I got home and crawled in to bed and just lay in the foetal position until Jeremy got home and then I cried.
We got Fish & Chips for dinner, and I usually have a piece of fish (with all the batter removed) and 4 chips.
Yep - you read that right - FOUR chips, it's all I can eat.
Friday night, I managed TWO chips and about a third of the piece of fish before everything started spinning and I had to give up and go back to bed.
Saturday morning, I could hardly get out of bed.... I cried my way through most of the morning, then I finally managed to muster the strength to have a shower and by the early afternoon I felt fit enough to be able to offer to mow the front lawn..... which I did, and it absolutely knackered me!
Early evening I was in tears again, so Jeremy ran me a bath, while he made a bacon & egg pie for dinner, and it was then that I had to ring Sue and tell her that we wouldn't be going to her Daughters 21st party!
GUTTED!
By 6.45pm, I was in bed again.
Sunday morning Jeremy was on breakfast duty, and I managed half a slice of toast with jam, and a couple of mouthfuls of water.
Then the tears started again.....
It's such a hard feeling to try to describe..... imagine the worst hangover you have ever had, then add the fact that you can't take any painkillers (other than 2 x panadol), mixed with the realisation that there is absolutely NOTHING you can do to ease the nausea and it is likely to continue for another few weeks.  Add in the extreme tiredness, the constant peeing, and the incredibly sore boobs, and VOILA - there you have the first trimester of pregnancy!

Like I said earlier..... I am absolutely thrilled to bits to be here, but at the same time, I just want the next few weeks to be over and done with.....
Hard to explain :(

7 comments:

  1. I think you are entitled to bitch and complain, because those of us who have followed your journey know how much you longed to be pregnant! I would love to be pregnant, and I wish for that everyday, but as much as I wish, I also think I too will be annoyed (for want of a better word) with the unpleasent side effects of pregnancy. I do hope that things ease up soon enough and you can truly enjoy the miracle that is this pregnancy. Big hugs, take care, and I hope some of what I said makes sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know how you feel I am sure the frst pregnancy lulled us into a false sense of security.

    With my second I has morning, noon & night sickness for about 6 -7 months. I tried everything & remember completely losing the plot at the naturopaths because I was so tired & sick and felt like crap.

    It will get better & it is all worth it. Just take it as easy as you can & if you need to go foetal & stay in bed for a few days then do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jo,
    I agree the 1st 3 months are revolting. I've gone through it 4 times and something I learned that helped alot was to try never to go more that 2 hrs without eating something. As soon as I did the nausea would get really bad. It was hard to find foods that I could handle, they had to be really boring. A few plain crisps, a couple of crackers, 1/2 muesli bar, plain biscuit, things like that. I couldn't really handle fruits or veggies much with is bad for a vegetarian. But I knew that the bub would take what it needed without having to worry too much. Once I got to about 16 weeks, I made up for it by eating lots of healthy foods and taking my iron again. I could not have worked though, that would have been awful and I don't know how women cope in their first few months with having to be in a public place for 8 hrs everyday when you feel like you have the worst case of gastro.I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs Jo - hope you are back to your normal happy self soon! Just keep thinking of what you get at the end! Hope your Tuesday is a better day. Kel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully it will only be a few more weeks and you will be feeling back to your old self again. Hang in there Jo, keep telling yourself it won't be forever. I know how you are feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As the others said Jo - I feel for you - just hang in there.

    Not looking for a pity party either - but my 2nd pregnancy I finished the pregnancy way lighter than I started! Then had twins!!! Had 9 months of throwing up, so can understand how you are feeling.

    Yoghurt, crackers and oranges.... that's about all I can remember keeping down. Also ginger drinks with lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo I had the same thing ask your dr for a zofron prescription it will help with the nausea big time

    ReplyDelete