Well.... we have done it - we have FINALLY set a date for the wedding....
10/03/2012
Yeah, I know it is two years away, but there are reasons for that, and at the end of the day, we had to be practical :)
To be honest, it is a HUGE weight off my shoulders!!!
I had been avoiding setting a date, and I was getting more and more stressed about it.
It's not that I don't want to get married, cos God knows I DO!
It's more just that our finances are pretty stretched at the moment, and with all the talk of getting married in March of next year (or even possibly November this year) I freaked out and buried my head in the sand.
There was just NO WAY that I could see of that we could possibly get things paid off, PLUS save for a wedding this year.
So.............. after sitting down and talking to my wonderful "fiance" last night, we decided that it doesn't matter what everyone else "thinks" we should do, we will do it OUR way, in OUR time frame, and on OUR budget.
Phew!!!
What a relief!!!
Plus....... it also means that if a baby happens to come along in the next year, then it will give us time to get adjusted to that as well :)
Anyway, we started making up a guest list last night, just to gauge how many people we will need to invite, and already it is sitting at around 100. And that is without really thinking about it too much.
See look..... just in typing that sentence, I remembered two more people that I will add to the list tonight :)
Anyway, we have decided that we want it fairly low key, nothing too extravagant or bolshie.
There is a local bar & restaurant (Bellevue Gardens in Lower Hutt) that Jeremy and I sometimes go to that has a function room and lovely gardens, so I am gonna call them and see what packages they do.
We are also looking at a REALLY low key style, of getting married in a garden somewhere, and then having a casual BBQ type reception afterwards.
Of course it will depend a bit on price etc, but at least we are on the same page about what we want :)
I have been through the big white wedding thing before, and to be honest, I can't see myself doing it again.
Jeremy doesn't want a huge formal reception, so it suits us both.
Oh, and the one other thing that I have already decided on is my flowers......
My Grandmother used to have big hydrangea bushes at her house, and I used to love them......
I have been googling what they would look like in a bouquet, and there are some pretty cool things out there!
Not sure if I would go with white, or a light pink, but hey, I have HEAPS of time to decide! hehe...
Now all I have to do is make sure that they are in season in March!
I have also decided that I don't want a big "poofy" dress, I want a slimline one, not a body hugging one, but one that doesn't puff out at the bottom and make me look like a pyramid. And I don't think I want strapless...... unless I get a boob job between now and then *wink*
Righto - that is all the wedding talk that you will get out of me for now....
I seriously don't want to turn in to a Bridezilla of any description, and all I ever talk about is the wedding - cos God knows it will be a BLOODY LONG TWO YEARS if that was the case!!!
So many things to think about, but so much time to do it in..... YAY!!!
Funny thing from yesterday...
I turned up at After School Care to collect Rhian, and as I was walking up to her all I could hear was "Dammit, dammit, dammit"
Of course I was mortified that she was using that language around the other kids, AND caregivers!
No one even batted an eyelid!!!!!!
Anyway, it turns out that she was annoyed with me turning up when I did, cos she had only just put the roller blades on, and she wanted to have a turn!
She can't actually roller blade at all, so she duckwalked up and down the playing field (on the grass) and she was happy with that!
And although I don't want her swearing, or using bad language, it was kind of cute listening to her and her "Dammit's"!
I think she must have got it from her Dad, cos it is not something that I say!
Oh yeah - and her other favourite word at the moment is "Revolting"
"Mumma, these carrots are REVOLTING!!!!" As she proceeded to eat them all!
"Ewwww, that fish looks REVOLTING Mumma" as she once again proceeded to devour it all from her plate!
I'm thinking that maybe she doesn't quite grasp the meaning of the word! hehehehehe....
Our healthy eating is still going strong at home.... the fridge is full of gorgeous fruit (gotta love stone fruit at this time of the year) and the vege bin is also looking healthy too :)
Jeremy is vigilant with what he is eating, and has been to the gym most days last week, and has started out well this week too.
Me, on the other hand............ well, ummmmmmmm, yeah.
I haven't been to the gym in what seems like ages.
Oh yeah - it IS ages!!!!
My eating is OK, but I have weeks/days where I can be absolutely starving and want to devour everything in my path - luckily I can only eat a small amount of whatever it is I happen to stumble across!!!
But then other weeks / days, I will be full just thinking about eating something!
It's completely weird!
***WARNING...... Too Much Information is ahead - if you are squeamish - DON'T READ!!!!!***
I am due for my period on Monday, and have been feeling cranky and moody and really emotional lately, and put it down to PMS.
But, yesterday in the shower I passed some "clots" of old looking blood, that freaked me out a bit.
No cramps or pains or anything, I just remember looking down and seeing something dark and brownish/reddish looking about the size of my little finger nail.
Then, there was more, not big clumps or clots, more just "stringy" looking stuff, and also brownish/reddish.
It all just seems a bit weird..... after missing my period completely last month, to now passing bigger clots in the middle of my cycle??
I have googled it (of course!!) and there are loads of theories out there, but the one that keeps coming up, is a miscarriage!!!
Although there are also a lot of things that point to it just being that the pill that I am on is not strong enough, and I am having breakthrough bleeding mid cycle.
The upshot of it all, is that I need to go back to my Dr and talk to her about it all..... now I just have to find the time :)
Righto - time to go do some actual work :)
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Tuesday 9th February
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have a suggestion for your wedding, it keeps the cost down, find somewhere really nice with a lovely garden area and have it as afternoon tea with the staff bringing plates if finger food around.
ReplyDeleteWe did that, guests were given a glass of bubbly if they wanted it when they arrived, we had the ceremony, a few photos with the family (the rest of the photos had been done before the ceremony), platters of finger food, a lovely chocolate fudge cake with fresh berries & cream then off everyone went, we went back to our hotel & umm, got ready to go out for dinner.
Mum said people are STILL (some 13 years later) telling her it was one of the lovliest & relaxing weddings they have been to.
We only had 50 people but it would work as well for more.
At the end of the day, just do what you & Jeremy want & can afford - bugger anyone else.
Hi mate,
ReplyDeleteWhere does Jeremy play golf? We got married at the Manor Park Golf Course and it was lovely, we also used the clubrooms for the reception (at no cost because Andrew was a member) and their 'cook' made our food (Buffet style - Hams, salads etc) and for 80 people it cost us under $3,000 and that was also money on the bar (cheap drinks at those sorts of places - club rooms, rsa's etc). We were suppose to get married out under the big old oak tree (gorgeous setting) but it poured down with rain (typical) so they had a decorated arch way thingy inside all ready to go.....brilliant.
As it was also my second wedding, we did EVERYTHING OUR WAY, and didn't listen to anyone else (even our Mum's, much to their horror) and it was relaxed and fun.
Hey there - long time follower, first time poster. Just wanted to say that when I was getting married, there was a lady who won Bride of the Year who had all hydangeas and they looked amazing. Will see if I can find some pics for you so you can see :)
ReplyDeleteHad to laugh at Rachels comment re Mums :)
ReplyDeleteThese were my words to Jo last night........."do it the way you & Jeremy want and to hell with what others think you should or shouldn't do," ....LOL.
Our hydranges are looking pretty past it and it isn't March yet but I'm sure florists will have them then :)
Wonder what todays words will be from our not so wee princess!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Congrats on the upcoming nuptuals. Do you know what would be awesome (possibly a little extra work?) a wedding blog, tag all your posts, so in a years time when you think "What were those gift tags I was looking at, you literally have one spot where you can go where all your collective ideas are. Just a thought.
ReplyDeleteFantastic: on the wedding ideas, Jeremy getting fitter, everything. and also on now being a hop away from being a "low 80's!!
ReplyDeleteAs far as shape goes from yesterdays post, sometimes it is a case of finding the clothes to accentuate the new shape, and just like some clothing tops can help create more of a shoulder appearance, same with other areas.
I am a bit flatter than i would like in the "bum" area and i notice that thinner material jeans kind of cling better to create some shape, and to the knee slightly A line skirt with boots actually sits fantastically on someone with not much bum area. i would love to see that look with your pics soon.
another suggestion is that doing heavy ie load the plates on type leg presses can create some extra muscle and give shape. Naturally you build up slowly at the gym on this. But leg presses only take about a couple of minutes to do and they are GREAT calorie burners cos you are using the major muscles, they also tone up the midriff area as well, as one tightens this area with each leg press.
An easy way to get a minimum time maximum result good gym work out in about 25 minutes is to do some treadmill to do cardio and warm legs up, even a bit of incline if you like, and then do 3 sets of leg press and intersperse while waiting a minute between sets with doing arm eg bicep curls.
That means you can actually do the weight work out part in just a very few minutes and get good results.
Another way, or for days not at the gym is to have only body weight squats and lunges at home or in the office for a few minutes "stretch" time each day also yield good results if done over time. Intersperse lunges and squats to try to do a few sets in a row will yeild even better results, but sometimes just starting with one set 3 times a day builds strength and then it gets easier to build up. The fact they are "hard" to do shows that even doing 5 minutes on these will yield results as the muscles really work out.
Lunges, squats should be done correctly, never too low so that you protect the knees, so get the gym people to show you if your decide on them.
truly even 5 minutes of these a day over a month or so will yield amazing results in the shape! from Jasmine
Jo - from a person who has suffered 4 miscarriages, don't find the time to go to the doctor MAKE the time, just to ensure that all is well, it could be anything.
ReplyDeleteAs to the wedding plans - GOOD FOR YOU! I think there is too much pressure on people to do "what is expected" of them, it's your day and should be done your way when it suits YOU!
Rhian is just adorable! Gotta love what kids come out with, my son is almost 4 and recently went from saying he hated pumpkin to eating some and saying "pumpkins my favourite", but it makes for cute memories.
And when did you say you'd next be at the gym?
Hey Jo
ReplyDeleteWhat exciting news! And shhh, don’t tell, I don’t mind if you blab on about wedding stuff – I heart weddings! Tee hee
I went to a wedding of a work collegue at the Bellvue Gardens and it was lovely. Only downer was NZ/AUS Netball test was on and most of the guests (family) pissed off to the pub or went home to watch it!!! The place was almost empty at 7.30 (we stayed til late)
ReplyDeleteHydrangas always remind me of Woburn as my Aunty had them in her front yard and we would always be sent off to her place (farm kids) for Christmas school holidays.
Dammit, dammit, dammit.......how cute ;o)