Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday 7th February

9/2I'm still here.... and NO, I haven't fallen off the wagon (which is usually what has happened when I don't post much!!).
I'm just really really busy....... AND completely ADDICTED to Bejewelled on Facebook! lol

The week has been pretty uneventful, it comprises of getting up, going to work, stressing out there, then coming home, getting dinner organised then switching off the brain and watching TV or wasting time on FaceBook!!!
One night last week we made a lovely Lamb mince curry type dish from scratch with loads of herbs and spices - it was YUM!
Another night we made a different type of Curry, still lamb, but this time with chunks of lamb in a more liquid type sauce, again - it was beautiful!
I'm enjoying cooking again, and find that when I am organised, and actually get the meat out of the freezer in the morning, I am much more inclined to make something yummy and healthy - rather than easy and unhealthy!

Anyways, work is completely mental like busy, and I have finally conceded that I can't do the work of two people every day, every week.
I am having a meeting with my manager on Monday morning to discuss this very fact.
Last week, there was not one day that I had a lunch break. OK - so on Friday I managed to nip out to the bank - that took about 20 minutes. And I think it was Tuesday that I ducked out to the Post office, and that took about 30 minutes.
My manager tried to make me finish a wee bit early on Thursday, but the work that I still had to do meant that there was no chance of that happening.
Friday, I walked out the door at 2.30pm, and didn't look back.
It would have been so easy to come home and melt in to a bottle of wine (or 3) but I settled on ONE glass, and watched some of the 7's on TV.
Saturday morning we helped some friends move house so that was a couple of hours, and then the plans that we had to do some work on the outside of the house were thwarted by the sun - it was just TOO HOT!!! YAY!
Jeremy has been doing a bit each night on the house, so it is coming along slowly... it is gonna look SO much better once it is painted :)
Saturday night was a quiet one, as we looked after Jeremy's niece and nephew, so it was quick and easy pizza for dinner, followed by story time then bed.
The boy and I watched a bit more of the 7's on TV, plus some of American Idol, and had a reasonably early night ourselves.

This morning Jeremy had the brilliant idea of heading in to town to check out the Farmers Market down by Chaffers Marina ( I probably spelt it wrong), and it was just awesome!
Quite similar to what is held out at Lower Hutt on a Saturday, but just that little bit better :)
At the Lower Hutt one there are heaps of "crappy" stalls, people just selling rubbish out of their boots etc, but the one in town was fruits, veges, meats, fudges, honey, and then there were also stalls that sold cooked food, like Hangi, and Dimsims, and Crepes, and sausages etc.
It was fun :)
There was also a boat tied up to the dock, and you can literally choose your fish and they gut it and fillet it right there in front of you!
So, now we have a full fridge of fresh fruit and veges and some gorgeous snapper for dinner.
Just perfect!

Now I just have to go off and find a recipe for something different to do with potatoes.
I'm getting a little bored with baked or mashed!

No comments:

Post a Comment