Thursday, February 11, 2010
Thursday 11th February
Great suggestions already guys on wedding stuff :)
AWESOME!!
I mentioned the Golf Club idea to Jeremy and he was really keen on it. So now I just have to make some calls to gauge prices at the different clubs.
Jeremy is a member of the Wainuiomata Club, but I am thinking that it is too far out of the way. Although in saying that - we could always put on a couple of mini vans to get the drunk ones home :)
Anyways....................... After the bleeding episode on Monday, I woke up in the middle of the night on Tuesday night with bad pain in my pelvic area - bad enough to wake me up.
It took me a while to get back to sleep but I finally did, then Wednesday morning I just got up and went about my normal daily stuff.
Sitting at my desk I got another sharp pain, just as I was reading a comment on my blog telling me not to muck around with seeing the Dr...
So, I rang her and managed to get an appointment at 11.15am.
I explained the symptoms and she did another pregnancy test, which also came out negative, but after a pelvic exam, she determined that in her opinion it sounded like an ectopic pregnancy, and sent me off for blood tests.
Apparently a normal urine pregnancy test will come up as negative with an ectopic pregnancy, whereas a blood test will show low levels of the pregnancy hormone that a Pee On A Stick test wont show.
So...... I am now waiting on results of those, if they are negative (which I am hoping and praying that they are) then I just have to carry on as normal and wait it out - see what my next cycle is like, and put the past week down to period pain and breakthrough bleeding.
If the test is positive, then I get re-tested on Friday and the next move will be a scan.
After that if she was right, and it is an ectopic, she will probably admit me, and I will need to have it removed.
All very clinical.....
Like I said... I am hoping for a negative result.
I haven't had any more pain since yesterday morning, although I am now bleeding bright red blood instead of dark red old looking stuff, so I am picking that it is either just my period coming on early, or it is natures way of getting rid of unwanted "tissue".
What else....... oh yeah - we tried out a new restaurant last night in Lower Hutt - Han River.
It is a tiny wee Korean place on Margaret Street, and we loved it!!
The food was great and we had an entertainment book voucher which made it even cheaper! It was packed out last night, OK so there was only about 10 tables, but hey - it was busy for a tiny place! hehehe..
Rhian was so cute using her chopsticks! Really concentrating on it, and looking so proud when she could actually get the food to her mouth without dropping it! She had Teriyaki chicken and absolutely loved it. Jeremy and I shared spicy pork and Soy Beef.
It was just lovely and light and very very tasty - YUM!!!!
Righto - it has taken me most of the morning to type this out - cos I keep getting interrupted by work - HOW RUDE!!!
Best I get back to it and actually concentrate on what I am supposed to be doing huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OOOO hell, I hope it's not an ectopic pregnancy for your sake. Chin up, might be nothing at all to worry about eh?
ReplyDeleteHope all is going ok. See you tomorrow or Saturday...LOL :)
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxoxoxo
Wow, hope it works out okay and that it is not positive. A golf club sounds like a great idea to me, especially as Jeremy is so into golf.
ReplyDeleteDitto to everything the other ladies have said.
ReplyDeleteRhian sounds cute with her chop sticks.