Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday 28th September 2011



Our house is finally better.... all sickness is gone - YAY!!

Last week turned in to the week from hell with diarrhea and vomiting from everyone...
Not nice at all...
It's weeks like that when I wish I had a 2nd bathroom!
Jeremy actually ended up going to the Dr on Friday as he couldn't even keep water down (or in!), and we are waiting on test results to know whether his was due to the RotaVirus bug, or if it was Campolabacta (can't spell it) from food poisoning (KFC on Monday night!)
All I know is that I have never seen him that sick at all....
And poor wee Jaynie.... ugh, it was just horrible!

But, like I said, we are all back to "normal" this week, and everyone is back to work and school and daycare....

Speaking of work...
I found out on Monday that my role (and those of my co-worker and manager) are changing dramatically!
We have basically been told that it is happening, and if we don't want to go with the changes, that there is no redundancy offer...
It's either like it or lump it!
My co-worker is being moved to a different department, my manager has taken a different role, and I have been offered another role as well.
I wasn't too keen on the idea at the beginning of the week, but after thinking about it more and more, I will accept the position and just see how it goes...
Change is as good as a holiday they reckon!
I have to let them know by the end of the week, so I'm thinking that I will leave it until about 4pm on Friday!  
Hehehehe.... what a bitch!

Not much more happening here....
You would think that with being sick last week, I would have dropped the weight off, but NO - I've never been one to stick to the rules!
I actually GAINED a kg!!!
Jeremy, on the other hand, dropped 6kgs in a week!
Of course, he has put the majority of that back on again, but for a while there, he was stoked!  haha...

We have a shared morning tea this morning to say farewell to a staff member who is leaving the office.
I made a carrot cake with cream cheese icing.... YUM!!
Might as well just take the damn thing and wipe it straight on my hips though!!!
Oh to have "skinny genes"


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,

    Good to hear you are all healthy again. It must have been stressful though! Bugger about the weight gain!

    Work changes are stressful - we have some in the works and I'm not sure we will all keep our jobs. I hope your new role works for you.

    Love to all the family, Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know you all got over the bugs... off chicken gives you Selmonella poisoning ... and it is reportable to the health department.

    ReplyDelete