Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday 8th September 2011

I was so good yesterday.... got my coleslaw from the supermarket and stayed away from the bakery - YAY ME!
Eating was perfect all day - it was hard, cos there were times I was stressed and just wanted to reach for chocolate... but I didn't!

Going back a few entries... someone (sorry, brainfreeze - I can't remember who it was) suggested maybe dropping my hours back at work for a while...
Well, that isn't an option in this company... it is either full time, or nothing, unless you are hired on a part time contract, there are no changes to your working hours...
I've already looked at that option...

Solids for babies.... Jaynie started having veges at night a couple of weeks ago on the reccommendation of Plunket.
She is only having a very small amount, and to be honest it can be quite hit and miss at times, cos sometimes she just aint in the mood!
Once she starts showing more interest in it, and is consistantly doing so, then I will start to experiment more, and also look at including breakfast as well.
Of course that means that I will have to be up at the crack of bloody dawn to get everything done in time to get to work etc.... but that's life huh?

Last night I was up three times again... it's starting to wear pretty thin to be honest!
Rhian was awake at midnight for a drink, and even though she has a torch now, plus a nightlight in the the hallway AND beside the toilet, she still insisted on waking me up to take her back to bed.
I got cranky with her, and went back to bed feeling pretty miserable about it all.
Jaynie woke at 2.30am and took a full bottle, then she was awake again at 4.30am but only took about 60mls.... little monkey!
She decided that 5.45am was a great time to start the day, and proceeded to talk to her blankets and sheet and cot and anything else that looked like it might potentially answer her back I suspect.
Of course, when none of them did - she got louder and louder until Mummy finally gave in and appeared beside her cot.

Jeremy totally pissed me off this morning too.... I was tired and snapped at him when he told me that I needed to be harder on Rhian and her nighttime waking...
So then of course he got pissy with me, and said something along the lines of "Great, you've woken up shitty again"
Well........ that peeved me off even more, and I'm now not talking to him at all!
Of course he is probably totally oblivious to this fact, and while I'm sitting here stewing about it, he probably hasn't given it a second thought!
Bloody men!!!
I tell ya what.... I just want to scream at him sometimes....
I'd like to see him get up 3 times in one night and then see how the hell he feels in the morning!
Now, try it for months on end without a break, buddy!!!

Ah well, bitching about it here aint gonna get me anywhere is it??

Time to go and make another coffee so I can try to stay awake for the rest of the afternoon.... wish me luck!!

7 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm putting this out there please don't yell at me, I'm sick... :)

    But.... why can't Jeremy do some of the night feeding too to help?

    Even one a night would help?

    (ducks and runs away)...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The calvary is coming......Sat & Sun nights are ours :) Mind you Jaynie will probably think "who the hell is this" in the middle of the night and yell even louder. Rhian will probably want to climb into bed with us!! We could be in for some fun :) All Jokes aside.....please sort out some things for us to do. Even taking the girls out for the day may be of some help. I'm sure Aunty Ali would love a baby girl to goo over while we go shopping or you have a Nana nap!!!!! Another option!! lol
    Love you and look forward to being of some use. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me first apologize for saying out the following, I mean only the best for you.
    I read about your night struggles... and I cannot understand why is this little baby only yours at night time? How is it possible that the daddy does nothing to help you out? Yes, I understand that he has to work and needs his night sleep but what about you? You work less? You work double and even triple shifts. Office at daytime, homework and children in the evenings and baby (sometimes 2 “babies”) at night time!
    I wish all the best to you! Your children are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I forgot to add that you have a fantastic mother. Not lots of grandparents are eager to help out so sincerely and bother to take care of babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wondering if Jaynie can have her veg (and other solids to come) at lunch, at daycare?

    The Lady I sit next to at work, has a 1yo and he has his 'main' meal at lunch, then when the end of the day comes he has yoghurt or something similar which is easy to feed (and eat) when said child is exhausted from their day.

    She ends up with most of the evening/night shift too - drives her batty!!!

    Have you tried chamomile tea. Perhaps a star chart thingy for Rhian not needing you during the night?

    Great work on not succumbing to the sugary nasties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone here Jo, and also must sing out some praise for your Mum too (mine is like that, and I really appreciate her). I don't have children and I still have to talk her out of doing the dishes when she comes to my place, and I never succeed! Yay for Jenny!

    Good luck with it all, some interesting suggestions and I hope it settles down for you. And Anne and Heidi are right - I don't know your situation and may be missing something but Jeremy is getting off easy (if we are missing something, ignore us). Love and hugs, Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo

    I totally understand about Rhian at night also. Our daughter is 6, has a nightlight, a torch and is next to the bathroom but still asks one of us every night to wait outside the loo for her and take her back to bed. I thought I was the only one.......and yes, I sometimes snap at her too but then I try and remember, that there will come a time where she won't need us at all. xx

    ReplyDelete