I'm wondering if Jaynie is going through a growth spurt?
4 hourly feeds is something that a newborn would do - not a nearly 6 month old!
Last night I figured that I would make sure that she had a full tummy before she went to bed so hopefully she would sleep longer!
So, after a full bottle of 150ml, she went to bed at 7.30pm as normal.
She woke at 11.30pm and took another full bottle of 150mls, I changed her nappy, and she went straight back to sleep.
Until 3.30am, when she woke to take ANOTHER full bottle of 150mls!
I was amazed!
Luckily she went straight back to sleep again, and then woke up to start the day at 6.30am.
I'm also wondering if she is getting enough to drink during the day at daycare?
That is something that I will talk to them about today when I go over at lunch time...
So far today (and it's only 11am) my eating has been good.
I refrained from having toast this morning before work, simply because I wasn't hungry.
I had my usual morning coffee while getting ready for work, and that was sufficient.
Once I got to work, I had another coffee at about 9.30am, and after that I started to feel a bit hungry, so I had a banana.
And that is it!
Like I said - it's only 11am, so anything could happen, but at least I feel a little more in control today, and feel that I can cope with what the day throws at me.
I cooked a couple of eggs this morning and mashed them up, plus added a little left over roast chicken to them and that will be lunch.
Well, it will be lunch when I go and buy a small pot of coleslaw from the deli to mix it with.
And while I am down there, I HAVE to be strong and NOT go near the bakery section at all!
It's almost like baby steps again for me..... day by day, hour by hour, and sometimes even minute by bloody minute!
But I will get there.....
I have to!
Maybe try Jaynie on solids. Just a bit of mashed banana or baby cereal. I did that with my son when he was 5 or 6 months old and it was exactly what he needed (despite the disapproval of the plunket nurse).
ReplyDeleteI hadn't thought of that (not being a mum yet) but maybe Tracy is onto something. My nephew was eating solids at 3 1/2 months at my sister's reluctance because she was told to hold out to 6 months but he just wanted it, and ate half a banana first go. He turned out fine, I don't know why they discouraged it but I can't see what could go wrong, unless they are concerned that people will ween their babies earlier or not give them enough breast milk? Good luck with whatever you decide to try.
ReplyDeleteAnd when I say fine, he is a skinny tall 6 year old with no sign of a weight problem, not sure if that is what they are thinking or not.
ReplyDeletePenny, I was told that the reason why they discourage putting babies onto solids too soon is because their digestive system isn't able to cope with it and it has (apprantely) been linked to children developing food allergies.
ReplyDeleteAs i say its only through speaking to someone who is a plunket nurse that I was told the reasons why as I always just thought it was due to them thinking that babies didn't need it that early and the formulas (supposely) having all they needed in them, but a couple of years ago I looked into buying a pre-school (I'm a primary school teacher) so had to undertake 1 year of uni study into early childhood studies so obtain the early childhood diploma which would give me the necessary qualification to apply for a licence to own/operate a pre-school, anyway, it was during this study that I discovered that there has been quite a lot of medical research done that shows allowing children to have solids too early can make them prone to food allergies and do long term damage their digestive system as it forces their bodies to process food their bodies arnt' yet capable of processing which (apprantely) can cause long term damage. I wish parents were given more info regarding this issue as it sure was news to me to learn this stuff and it was only when I was doing early childhood studies that I learnt it, (not when I became a parent) which I think is wrong.
But in saying this, when my daughter was born my plunket nurse did advise me to add farex to her milk as she felt she wasn't getting enough nutritents to meet her needs and it made all the difference to her sleep so there must be some things that are ok to add and others that arn't so great.