Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday 9th September 2011



Another shocking night with Jaynie, has seen me FINALLY ask for help...

I know it has been a long time coming, but those of you who know me, also know that I like to have complete control over everything, and that I quite simply DON'T ask for help at all.... ever.
But, after having a total of about 3 hours sleep last night, I broke down this morning, and admitted to Jeremy that I am not Superwoman, and that I can't go on doing it by myself.
He was amazing and has offered to do what it takes...
Of course, the sceptic in me knows that no matter how much he tries to help, I will still try to take control and I probably wont actually ASK him to do anything, I will just expect him to read my mind and do it off his own back...
I'm stupid like that!

I've also made an appointment to see my Dr, as I NEED something to help me relax at night.
That is at 12.30 today - wish me luck!

Mum and Dad are coming down to stay for the weekend, and we are really looking forward to that...
Rhian is DYING to see them, and I can't wait for them to spend some time with Jaynie and see how much she has changed since they saw her last...
She is a real delight, and although I bitch and moan about the lack of sleep - I absolutely 100% wouldn't be without her at all....
Both of my girls are the lights in my life, and I love my wee family tremendously.
Yep - even Jeremy!  hehehehe....

Thanks to everyone who has had suggestions for me of late - I have taken them all on board, and like I said - I have FINALLY asked for help.

Reasons for Jeremy "not helping" before this??
ME.
Simple....
I haven't asked him to, I have said that I am fine and that I can handle it.
Yeah sure, maybe he should have just stepped up and done it anyway, but I would have refused the help... its just what I do.
He doesn't wake up to her crying in the night - that man could sleep through a freight train...
I just know that I would have to wake him up so that he could get up to Jaynie, and then I would just lie there wide awake wondering if he was "doing it right" or if he needed help at all....
That's just who I am....
It's not that he is an ass, or that he is getting off lightly, or slacking in any way...  it's just that it's always been that way....
But it wont be for much longer....
I've put my hand up.
I've asked for help.

Let the good times roll ...

8 comments:

  1. Great news. I get it, I am like that myself. Also, my dad is a heavy sleeper and could sleep through anything, so Mum (a light sleeper although possibly motherhood induced) did everything. My dad tells this story of Mum being up all nigh to kids vomiting, nosebleeds (me), etc and Dad was oblivious. Early in the morning my little sister crept into bed with Mum and Dad. Dad woke up about 6am or something and said why am I all sticky? Mum very grumpily said well, I was up all night with vomiting and sick kids and you slept through it. When Sarah weed on you and you didn't wake up, I figured you deserved it. And according to Dad he thought that was fair enough.

    I am glad to hear there was another side to it, and do understand. Jeremy seems like a good guy from what you write and good on him for stepping up. Good luck at the doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I am so happy you finally put your hand up :) I guess all 3 of you (girls that is) have inherited my "I can do it myself" attitude!!!!!! All of you, as I had to, have had to learn that it is not the best option in this life. It is NOT a sign of failure to ask for help, it is a case of being human and no one should or have to, be all things to all people. (in their personal or work life). It comes down to sharing and caring for each other. Blokes of course have to be asked to do things.....that's the way they are wired and when asked they CAN do whatever it is (sometimes with an instruction sheet!!!) that is needed to be done. I'm glad the light bulb came on and now you can go forward and when I or anyone else asks "what can I do" you will happily tell us. It might not be the way you would do it but it will be done :) Even Dad is good at some things....ask Steph about the rubbish police!!!!
    Luv ya darling and see you soon. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed yesterdays post but I am glad you finally asked for some help & told Jeremy how much you are struggling.

    Step 2 is to now let him help & make yourself not check up on him or worry about it. Make the most of your Mum & Dad coming down, you are lucky to have them so close & willing to help.

    I like your Mums idea of taking the girls out for a day, it could you & Jeremy a chance to go & have a nice lunch, have a chat about what he can do to help you & also get some well needed rest.

    Have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your asking for help, everything will start falling in to place now :O)

    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO happy for you that you decided to let Jeremy participate. He will get used to it and feels more as a dad :). There may even be a possibility that some day he starts to hear baby crying when his minds get used to the fact that she needs him in the middle of the night. Everything will be much easier from now on. What a sweet family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you raising your hand - you need to take care of you too


    Have a lovely weekend with your girls, your Boy & your parents

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Jo. It takes strength to ask for help. Even if its not so much in the night, he could take the girls out for a few hours in the weekends to let you play catch up on the ZZZZZZ's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very much like you (and your mum) and simply find it really hard to ask for help. Very different circumstances but now people ask me if I need anything and and I find myself saying no thanks I'm fine. We think we are superwomen!

    ReplyDelete