Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday 13th September 2011


How quiet (and almost sad) was our house last night without Rhian there!
It was totally weird to have just myself, Jeremy & Jaynie there after a week of noise with my 7 year old Princess!
I know that I complain when she is there that she doesn't listen and that she drives me batty, but I miss her like crazy when she is with her dad...

Rhian is an amazing help with Jaynie too... she simply adores her sister, and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual too!
It can be frustrating at times, when Rhian wants to "help" with Jaynie and I am in a hurry to get something done, but I know that I have to just slow down and let Rhian be as involved as she wants to be, cos after all, they are sisters and I want them to have a great relationship!
I know that the time will come when Rhian wont want Jaynie around at all.... so I will just cherish this special time for now...

Jeremy has stepped up a lot since I admitted I was struggling, and last night, he even took on the feeding task... even though he admits he isn't very good at it :)
It was funny to see Jaynie with mashed veges EVERYWHERE, but it was also brilliant to see him stepping out of his comfort zone, and realising that he may not be perfect at something, but at least he is getting in there and giving it a damn good go!
Friday night will be a test for him, as I am supposed to be going out on a "Girls Night" for a friends birthday!
He is 100% capable of looking after our wee girl by himself, he just lacks a bit of confidence, so it will be a good test for him.

Of course I wont be late, and I wont be drinking, simply because I don't want to be out late, nor do I want a hangover on Saturday...
But it will be good to get out with some friends and feel "normal" for a bit...

I'm going to bring my walking shoes to work with me tomorrow - just in case the sun is out!
I go over to see Jaynie at daycare every lunchtime, but there are days when she is sleeping (like today), and I end up just coming back to work and having lunch at my desk.
So, from now on, I will put my walking shoes on to go over there, and if she is sleeping, then I will go straight out for a walk instead.
Of course, it is all weather dependant - so fingers crossed for some sunshine, and if I can't get that, then I will settle for no rain instead!!

I had leftover curry from last night's dinner, for lunch today, and I ate far too much...
It's a boredom thing with me..... I didn't have anything else to do, so I sat at my desk and read a magazine, and ate and ate and ate!
I was completely full, but there was only a couple more mouthfuls left, so I made myself eat it instead of just chucking it out!
Stupid, cos I paid for it by feeling sick for an hour afterwards!
I may be 2 1/2 years post-op, but I still have moments where I revert to my old ways..... and suffer the consequences!

I have a beef casserole on in the slow cooker at home for dinner tonight, so all i have to do when I get home from work is cook some potatoes and maybe some cabbage and peas as well, and dinner will be done!  
I love easy nights like tonight.... all it takes is 10 minutes in the morning, and my evening is SOOOO much easier!
In fact, I could probably just get Jeremy to do the vegetables tonight, and I wont have to do anything at all!  
YAY!

Jaynie only woke once last night at 2am, and she took a bottle and went straight back to sleep again, so it was actually a pretty good night.
She has decided that 5.30am will be her wake up time the past two mornings, so that is a bit of a shock to the system, but it's totally do-able if that makes sense??

Anyway, I'm just rambling now so I'll go find something else to do.....

1 comment:

  1. You know the more Jeremy does stuff, the more confidence he will get. I guess it must have been difficult for him because
    1) you are a bit if a control freak (no insult intended) &
    2) in his eyes, you have done this before with Rhian so there is the perception that you know what you are doing & can cope etc

    Go & have a great time with your friends knowing Jaynie is safe & happy with her Dad, it is also it is a fantastic opportunity to bond for the 2 of them.

    Put your walking shoes on when you go to see Jaynie so even if she is awake you could take her for a bit of a walk too.

    ReplyDelete