Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Tuesday 30th November 2010
December tomorrow - YEE-HA!
I LOVE this time of year, the weather is getting warmer, and everyone just seems to be in better moods!
23 more sleeps until we go on holiday, and "only" 117 days until baby Bob is due to make her appearance :)
Travel arrangements are all taken care of for our Christmas Holidays - YAY!!!!
We decided against going up to Brisbane at all, as it was going to cost $400 for flights, then taxis (or a rental car), then motels, then entertainment, and spending money on top of everything.
And, although the money was a big thing, we also just wanted a couple of days at home to relax and unwind before getting back in to work - so this way instead of flying back in at midnight and going back to work within a few hours, we fly in on Saturday and then go back to work on Tuesday
Turns out that it wasn't as expensive as I was quoted on the weekend by the first guy!
I'm SOOOOO pleased that I didn't listen to him and change everything there and then!
Anyway - it is a huge relief and a major weight off my shoulders.... i didn't realise how stressed I was about the whole thing until I hung up the phone from Air NZ yesterday after sorting it all out, and I cried!!
Damn preggy hormones! hehehe...
We have a Xmas function to go to on Saturday night for the Contractors Federation that Jeremy is a member of.
It's a Murder Mystery evening with dinner and drinks, and the dress standard has been set as "Casual Formal"
What the heck is Casual Formal????
Anyway, I decided to go out yesterday and see if I couldn't find something to wear, and I was absolutely WRAPT to find a gorgeous dress that will absolutely fit the part perfectly!
It's not overly dressy, it's not too casual, but it is summery and pretty and it will be nice and cool to wear.
Only problem is, that to get it to fit around my belly, I had to get a size 14, and I will have to take it in a bit around the boobage area :)
It's white with a black/grey pattern and it is floaty and gorgeous with an uneven hem and I love it :)
Best of all - it was only $30!!!!
Yep - $30!
Now, don't fall off your chairs when I tell you where it is from OK???
It's from MILLERS!!!
I tell ya - once you get past all the mauve floral nana gear, there is actually some quite lovely stuff in there!
AND..... I also grabbed a cute wee lightweight cropped denim type jacket for just $24!
And the best thing....... size 10!!!!
I nearly died! hehehehehe......
Yeah yeah yeah, I know it was probably a bigger fitting - but hey - I DON'T CARE!!!
It's got a 1 and a 0 on the label and I'm gonna own it!! :)
Dinner out tonight - it's Jeremy's Aunty's farewell - she is moving to Perth.
It's just down at the local Workingmens Club, and there will be a big crowd so it should be a laugh.
Rhian will love it, cos it means she will get to run around with all the other kids - YAY!
I FINALLY finished the tiling in the kitchen last night...
When I originally put the tiles up, I only did the splashback 2 tiles high, but afterwards decided that I wanted it three high.
So, I got all the extra materials a few weeks ago, but have been too lazy to get it done...
Well, I tiled it on Sunday, grouted it last night, and all I have to do now is seal the grout (a 5 minute job) then silicone around the top and bottom and it will be 100% completed!
I ROCK :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love your bargains :) Great that the tiling is now completed. Another job off the list. Great to hear the travel situation is all sorted too :) Woo hoo :)
ReplyDeleteHope your night out goes well.
xoxoxoxoxo
Excellent news about the travel plans. It will be nice to have a break at home before going back to work.
ReplyDeleteGo Millers! What bargains.
I'm very impressed with the tiling......I'm never brave enough to even try that sort of stuff. Joanna the handy chic...yeah baby.