Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Wednesday 3rd November 2010
I had the day off work yesterday with Rhian as she was sick.... poor wee thing!
Her nose was running and she was coughing really bad... actually, she sounded like a barking seal yesterday morning!
As the day wore on, she improved a lot, so she has gone back to school with strict instructions to tell the teacher if she is not feeling well, and I will go collect her.
She was up at 6am, so by 9am I was a bit sick of cartoons to be honest!
I love and adore my girl, but when she is sick she is really clingy, and yesterday was no exception.... I couldn't go to the toilet without her wanting to sit outside the door!
And there was no way that she was going to let me hang the washing out without her being right by my side!
Anyway, the day was pretty long, but like I said, she perked up during the afternoon, and by yesterday evening she was pretty energetic, so back to school for her today :)
Yesterday afternoon I chose to go through the remainder of my wardrobe and determine what clothes I could still fit, and what needed to be moved somewhere else so I wouldn't get all depressed to see them every time I opened my wardrobe!!
Well....... I have TWO pairs of non-preggy pants left that I can still squeeze into - that's it!
The rest have all been relegated to the spare room wardrobe! *sulks*
When I lost all my weight, I started wearing fitted shirts to work, as opposed to shapeless sacks, so last night I tried some of them on too....
NOPE! None of them did up.... except one! Well, I managed to do the buttons up without ripping the fabric, to which Rhian said:
"Mum, take that off before you ruin it! The buttons look like they are going to pop off!!"
So, all of my lovely fitted shirts also got moved to the spare room as well.
It's funny.... last year I spent loads of time getting rid of clothes that were all too big, and making room for my lovely new smaller (more fitting) clothes.
Now, I have to get rid of all of those to make room for bigger clothes again!
Funny!
I'm booked in for my 20 week scan on Monday, and that will be the day that we MAYBE find out the gender of this wee one.
Jeremy really doesn't want to know, and I really DO want to know.
Of course it will be easier if we both don't know, so I will see what happens on the day, and ya never know - I might find out "by mistake"!!
Now..... on to a couple of questions I have been asked.
Rachel - Panna Cotta is a creamy Italian desert that is made of Cream, Milk, Sugar, Gelatine and Flavouring.
For the one I did, it was Full Cream, Coconut Milk, Sugar & Gelatine.
It's very very rich and decadent, but oh so lovely!
You basically just cook the cream and coconut milk together with the sugar, then add the gelatine. Leave it to cool, then pour it into little moulds to set in the fridge.
Apparently it can be quite difficult to get it right, as the cream and gelatine can separate, but I didn't find it hard at all.
Anyway, you can add all sorts of flavours, and I don't know that I would try the coconut cream again, as I personally found it a little too overpowering, and I LOVE coconut!
Plus.... I can't really tolerate cream, so I only had a few tiny spoonfuls just to get the taste :)
Margaret asked if I can eat more now that I am pregnant and has it changed the way the Lap-Band works?
Well, for a start - I don't have a Lap Band. I had a full Gastric Bypass, and there are a whole host of differences between that and a Lap Band, which I wont go in to here, cos if anyone really wants to know, you can google for yourself :)
Yes - I can eat more now, but that is totally NOTHING to do with being pregnant.
It is more to do with the fact that over time the stomach pouch settles down (for want of a better explanation) and this was always going to be the case.
I can still only eat about 1 cup of food at a meal, which in comparison to a "normal" person is still a ridiculously small amount.
What I have found with this pregnancy, is that I am physically hungry more often, and I am finding myself grazing throughout the day a LOT more than I ever did before.
I am still eating my porridge for breakfast, but I find that by mid morning, I am getting actual hunger pangs, and need to eat a banana or yoghurt or something.
The same goes in the afternoon, I will have lunch, then around 3.30pm, the hunger pangs set in and I am looking for things to eat, hence the punnet of strawberries the other day.... which took me about an hour to eat :)
It's weird..... my actual meals are still small, but with my grazing through the day, I am probably eating double what I was this time last year.
I still struggle with certain foods - white bread being one of them! i was craving a honey sandwich on white bread the other day, so I made myself one, but didn't even get half way through it before I knew I was gonna have issues! Wont be trying that again in a hurry :)
Not sure if that really answered the question at all, so if there is anything else you want to know - just ask away :)
Now.... all this talk about food has made me hungry, so I am gonna go off in search of lunch - reheated chicken stir fry from last night - YUM!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah - i thought that too! I will probably only just get to throw out my fat cloths and I will be ready to have a baby! We fatties are nuts : P
ReplyDeleteThanks for the explanation on the Panna Cotta, sounds yummy.
ReplyDeleteI hope wee Rhian is feeling better today, its horrible when they are sick eh?
Are you going to tell US if you find out the sex of the bub???
Wow nearly half way there :) Hope all goes well on Monday :) Hope too that Rhian is now back to her happy self. Had a chuckle to myself yesterday on way back from shop.......hope you are staying fit as you will need to be over here!!!!! It might look flat but there hills each way either to the park or to the shop LOL Just gentle grades but you know you are going upwards ROFL Of course there are the stairs too LOL. Mummy is getting fitter. Even went 3 times round the park the other day. (It is on a footpath:) )
ReplyDeleteI have never tried making a PannaCotta. Will have to give it a whirl.
Just as well you have a daughter to keep you on track with your clothes.......she is priceless with what she observes :)
Luv to all
xoxoxoxoxo
RE what your baby is..... perhaps you can find out and not tell him?
ReplyDeleteHide anything you buy for him/her so he doesn't twig?
I would want to know!
My god 20 weeks already.... and hope Rhian is feeling better now :-)
ReplyDelete