Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Tuesday 9th November 2010
PINK!!
It's a girl :)
Well, the radiographer is "sure" it is a girl, and if it is a boy, then it's penis is so bloody small that it can't be seen! hehehehehehe....
I am stoked cos I get to re-use Rhian's stuff.
Jeremy is thrilled cos he gets his "Daddy's Little Girl"
And Rhian is over the moon, cos she gets a baby sister that she can "teach to be a fairy"
TOO CUTE!!!
Speaking of Rhian.... she is sick again - poor wee thing!
She was really lethargic on Sunday, not moving far from the couch all day, then didn't want any dinner on Sunday night.
When I took her temperature, I was shocked to see it had reached 40.2 degrees!
A quick call to the Health-line told me that if she was a baby with that kind of temp then I should take her to A&E, but since she was older, and could tell me what was wrong etc, then it was just a case of making her comfortable and bringing her temp down again.
Monday morning it was down to 38.7, and I decided to keep her home from school.
I hate seeing her sick, but by the end of yesterday she had perked up again, especially when she was told that her Gran & Ganka (Chris's parents) were coming to stay with her dad to look after her for a day or two!
Apparently she is a lot better today, and even ate quite a bit of dinner last night, so it looks like the worst is over...... fingers crossed!
My weekend was busy, but in a relaxing kind of way if that makes sense?
Friday night was a spur of the moment decision to go to Jeremy's sisters place for a BBQ, we got home at 11pm!
Saturday was spent mucking around with Rhian just shopping, lunching, and not much of anything else!
Saturday night she had a sleepover at a friends place, so we decided (again spur of the moment) to go out with some friends down the road for dinner.
We headed out to a lovely Chinese place and had the most amazing meal - DIVINE!!!!
Then..... we ended up at a new bar in Lower Hutt and didn't get home until midnight!!!
Not a bad effort for this Nana I can tell you!!
Sunday was another lazy day, and then Sunday night we had friends around for dinner, but they were gone by 8pm so it was a relatively early night.
The combination of Rhian not being well, mixed with me yawning my head off, saw them make a hasty exit, but I am pleased to say that they actually offer to help clean up these days - so that is a huge bonus!!
Yesterday afternoon was the 20 week anatomy scan.... and like I said, we found out we are having a wee girl :)
All measurements are spot on for a 20 weeker, and there was no sign of the haematoma that has been the cause of my spotting.
The baby was not very cooperative though, and at one stage the radiographer got me on all fours on the floor, rocking backwards and forwards to try to get the baby to move positions!
It was bloody funny I must admit!
So there ya have it..... a wrap up of the last few days.... short and sweet :)
Nothing planned for this week at all, and I don't even think we have plans for the upcoming weekend either!
I'm loving not doing much, but I'm also getting a bit restless at the same time, so I might just have to potter around and get some odd jobs done this weekend.... Nothing major, just small stuff that needs to be completed.
Righto - time to go do some more work :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY a GIRL!!!!! How fantastic.
ReplyDeleteI can just picture Rhian being a fabulous big sister and showing her little sister how to be a fairy...cute is right.
Congrats!! Another beautiful little girl for you Jo:-)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I loved the way you described each one's reason for being happy about the girl :)
ReplyDelete