Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday 1st November 2010


Monday Monday..... Why do you always come around so quickly??


I have had a great weekend, very very relaxing - just what i needed :)

Friday night we went out for dinner with Jeremy's boss and his wife - lovely night was had by all, and I was home in bed by 10.30pm
Jeremy decided to carry on, and staggered in at about 2.30am, complaining that he was "too old for this shit" lol
Of course the next day when the killer hangover set in, he was complaining even louder, and I gave NO sympathy :)
In fact, I invited a couple of girlfriends around for dinner, and while Jeremy was trying to sleep it off between toilet stops, we laughed the night away - BLISS!

I tried out a couple of new recipes, and am proud to say that my first ever attempt at Panna Cotta was a raging success!
Bloody beautiful dessert I might add!

Sunday was spent doing not much of anything....
We got up and went shopping, then out for lunch, then home again to watch a couple of DVD's.
I tell ya - I didn't even feel guilty about not doing anything around the house!
OK, so I got some washing done, and of course cooked for my friends on Saturday night, but apart from that, I did NOTHING!!!
GO ME!!!

Halloween last night passed us by with NO trick or treaters at all - YAY!
Hang on - Jeremy's niece and nephew turned up, but they do that every year, so no biggie :)
We closed all the curtains, locked the door, shut the gate and put the very full very heavy wheelie bin in front of the gate so no one could get in!
Yep - I hate Halloween with a passion!
It wouldn't be so bad if the kids made an effort and were polite!
But I am so over the little shites banging on the door with a bloody mask on expecting a load of lollies!
No way sunshine.... that just ain't gonna happen at our house at all!
Call me a grinch or a grouch or whatever, but I just don't like the idea of kids going around to complete strangers houses begging for lollies - it's not right!
OK - I'm off my soap box now :)

So...... what is on the cards for this week?
NOTHING!!!
I get Rhian back today, so it will be business as usual.....

And even the upcoming weekend is looking very very quiet - FANTASTIC!!

All I need is for the weather in Wellington to improve and I will be a very happy camper!
Labour weekend was supposed to see the start of the sunshine, but as yet, Wellington is still waiting!
While the rest of the country apparently basked in the Sun, all Wellington got was cloudy day after cloudy day.
OK, so it didn't rain, but come on! Is a little sun too much to ask?!?

Righto - time to go do some work!
Although I have just eaten an entire punnet of strawberries and would much prefer a lie down and a nap! hehehe....

OINK OINK!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, glad you are feeling so much better, just curious though, are you able to eat more now that you are pregnant, has it changed the way the lap band works.

    Maggie (Melbourne Aus)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great that you had a relaxing weekend. Hope you thought of us LOL Make the most of the next few months and sleep, sleep sleep LOL Mind you are younger than us.......our little boy here is on the go whenever he is awake!!!!!. Lord help Steph when he starts walking on his own. Remember those days with Rhian???
    Have a great week with Rhian and will try & skype later in the week. :)
    Luv & hugs
    xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to hear u had a restful weekend
    I m there with you as far as halloween is we spend all year telling our kids the dangers of strangers and taking lollies etc from strangers and then allow them to go there bloody homes an how many of those doors they knock on are creeps and filth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekend sounds wonderful.....good on you for taking it easy for a change.

    Strawberry session is upon us and I just LOVE strawberries. We have a place up here called 'strawberry farm' and it sells HUGE punnets of strawberries (about 4 x the size of normal ones) for between $10 - $15.

    Your dessert sounds yummy....what is it?

    ReplyDelete