Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wednesday 24th November 2010

22 Weeks:


I listened to Lisa O'Neill on the weekend, took her advice and today I am loaded with "bling".

And ya know what?
I feel like a million bucks!
I've had so many compliments today it's insane!

A plain black dress can look SO different with accessories, so today I am off in search of some coloured long necklaces and maybe even be brave and invest in a scarf or two as well!
She reckons that she got through her 4 pregnancies (*gulp*) with 4 - 5 main items of clothing, and loads of different accessories.
Well, I'm certainly gonna try that too, cos lord knows that dressing for work these days is damn hard!!
I'm also gonna go take a looksie for some flat shoes that will be suitable for office wear too - Shock horror!
Since I lost all my weight, I have lived in heels. I LOVE heels and I am no longer afraid of my height!
But, since Heels cause my ankles to swell in to cankles, I am thinking that they will need to be put on hold for a few months!
Flat shoes..... here I come :)

Yesterday Jeremy had his first "Christmas party" after work, and what I thought was going to be a late and drunken night for him, turned in to a semi early night for both of us!
He rang me at one stage to say that the "party" had finished and that there was a group of them heading to a local bar/restaurant for dinner, and did I want to join them?
Well...... I;m not one to turn down a meal out, so I was off!
Turned out the food wasn't that great - but the company was, and I laughed my way through the evening.
We went to "The Empire" in Petone, and they specialise in Stone Grills.
You know, where the meat basically comes out raw and you have to cook it on the hot stone yourself?
Totally didn't rate it at all....
In fact, out of the 10 of us in the group, only 2 people enjoyed their meals, one of them had a burger that was cooked in the kitchen, and the other genuinely enjoyed the whole "cook it yourself" experience.
It was pretty disappointing, as we had all heard rave reviews about the place, but needless to say, Jeremy and I wont be going back again there in a hurry at all.
Luckily, someone else picked up the tab, so we didn't have to pay - BONUS!!
We were home tucked up in bed by 9.30pm, so all in all it wasn't a bad night at all.

Not much more to report....
It's lunch time, so I'm gonna go for a stroll around the mall to hunt out some accessories and maybe some shoes too!

5 comments:

  1. My god girl you look stunning, and love the dress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there luffy,
    I know I must be the worlds worst 'commenter' but thought it was about time I said hi and tell you how amazing you are looking. Also, I have a brand new pair of sandels that my sister bought over from oz and for some reason she thought I was a sz bigger then her, (instead of the same sz) so I remember (from yonks ago) you writing about the difficulty in finding shoes to wear somewhere so I know your the next sz up from me (which is exaclty what my newly acquire sandels are).
    I will post them down and if you don't like them or they arn't right for you then just send them off the the sallies as I was going to do, but you might as well take a look as they are flat and might be suitable for you.
    So send your addy via facebook and I will get them on the next camel south.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking great Jo - love the bling!!! Makes a diference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo,
    You look Stunning, love the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning, I love the bling!

    ReplyDelete