Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday 15th November 2010


Another Monday rolls around.... is it just me, or are they whizzing by too bloody quickly at the moment??


I had a great weekend.... another relaxing one actually!
Friday night we went out for dinner with Jeremy's boss and his wife and another friend, and as usual, it was a great time.... they are fun people to socialise with and I always laugh until my cheeks are sore!

By the time we got home (at about 10pm) my feet and ankles had swollen up terribly, and I was glad to be able to rest.
I can't believe that they are swelling so badly at this stage, so it is something that I will definitely be talking to my midwife about tonight when I see her.

Saturday was spent doing not much of anything, and Sunday was a lot of the same!!
Actually, Sunday morning was spent cleaning the house and doing the jobs that we both hate.....
Then we went out for lunch, and then came home and did nothing but sit in front of the TV and at one stage, I think both of us actually fell asleep!!

I have had a hell of a sore back over the past few days, so doing the house cleaning was a bit of a struggle, but thankfully Jeremy did all the stuff that required lots of bending of lifting, and I did the lighter stuff.... go teamwork :)
Of course I can't take anti-inflammatory pills at all, so I have just been rubbing in lots of Anti-Flame cream, and popping a few panadol here and there!
I will talk to the midwife about that too, and see if she can suggest anything else that will ease the pain.
I don't think it is pregnancy related at all, as it is in the exact same place that I always have trouble with.
It's just usually I can swallow down Voltaren and Nurofen! hehe....

Saturday afternoon, I totally stepped out of my comfort zone, and met some people I didn't know before....
Let me explain.
I bought some bassinet sheets off TradeMe last week, and in the process of organising a time to collect them, me and the seller exchanged quite a few emails, and got quite friendly.
Anyway, it turned out that she was having a Tupperware party on Saturday afternoon, and actually invited me to go along, and I could pick up the sheets at the same time.
Well, I kind of just laughed it off to start with, then realised that I don't actually know a heck of a lot of people in my area with young kids, so it would be the perfect opportunity to meet some new people!
So I went along!!!
It was actually a fun time, and I got along with everyone at the party - it was great to meet new people and we will definitely keep in touch - YAY!

Jeremy and I have been tossing around baby names forever, and we had pretty much settled on a name.
But of course that was when we were both sure that it was a boy!
He was going to be Caleb Daniel James.
So, now that our wee bundle is actually a girl, we have been looking at girls names... obviously!
When I was pregnant with Rhian, it took ages to decide on a name, and I wanted to be prepared this time around!
Anyway, we came up with Tayla Jane & Kyah Jane (Kyah is pronounced like Tyre but with a K).
And as much as we both love both names, I think we have actually come up with something a lot better, and one that has a lot of meaning to us as well.
It is not hard to spell, it is semi-traditional, it can't be mistaken for a boys name, and most of all......... it is CUTE!!!
But I'm not telling anyone, just in case we change our minds, and go off it completely :)
So, for now I am going to call our wee girl Bob. lol

Anyway, I have been feeling a lot of movement lately from Bob, and I love it!
It's a hard sensation to describe, but it is one of the coolest things I have ever experienced in my life!
I remember LOVING it when I was pregnant with Rhian too.... it's just cool to know that there is a wee girl in there doing her own thing, just hanging out and growing until it is time to make an appearance :).

Oh yeah, on Sunday, as we were driving back from lunch, we stopped in to check out the outdoor place we have talked about having our wedding ceremony at.
It is called "Percys Reserve" and it is just off the Hutt Motorway of all places!
I had been told that it is lovely, and I wanted to see it for myself...
I wasn't disappointed at all, and we have both agreed that it is will out number once choice in outdoor venue for our wedding!
YAY!
Of course now we just have to decide where the heck we are going to have the reception, how may people we are going to have, and what the budget will be!
And we need to do that fairly soon-ish, as we worked out that it is just over 16 months away!
Oh to win lotto and not have to stress about the budget!
Wouldn't that just be BLISS???

Righto - Best I get on and do some work now...... it is what they pay me for after all.....

36 sleeps until we go to Sydney!!!!
WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

EDITED TO ADD:
Di - you asked about my hair style? Well... I haven't had it cut for months and months and months, literally!
The last time I had it cut was just before I went away on the Womens Adventure Weekend back in April, and it was cut super short.
I have just been growing it out since then, so there is no real "style" to it.
As for how I Style it at home?
Well, I wash it, then blow dry it - mostly with my head upside-down, and it just goes like that with the flicky bits out the bottom... then I just chuck a little wax in the ends to seperate the flicks, and VOILA - I'm done!
It's pretty easy at the moment to be honest...
And yes - I'm still growing it :)

4 comments:

  1. Man I don't envy you sorting out a wedding budget, ours ended up double of what we budgeted on, all those little things we just did not think off.... and 16 months will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be careful with the cream as it is asorbed into the body and can be harmful during pregnancy like hair removal cream, vit A cream etc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see you this weekend Jo. The wedding outdoor venue dounds great and brilliant that you both agreed on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We spent ages choosing names. The ones we came up with we didn't tell anyone until the baby was born.

    Thankfully when the first one was born it was a boy because from emeory we didn't have a girls name & when number 2 came we only had a girls name and luckily she was a girl.

    I actually resorted to watching TV credits for ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete