My weekend was FANTASTIC!!
Friday night I did end up going down to the local pub in Foxton (with mum and her friend) to the Mini College Reunion.
Turns out there were only a few people there that I knew (or recognised) but it was great to be able to catch up with them all the same.
I'm a bit annoyed with myself that I didn't have the confidence to actually talk to more people though - I guess it stems back to College and the fact that I was always the fat girl, so now, even though I wasn't the fattest there, I still felt like a stupid awkward teenager!
Thinking about it afterwards, I wonder how many people were doing what I was doing.... wondering who everyone was? I recognised some faces, but couldn't put names to them... so I wonder how many people might have recognised my face but couldn't put a name to me?
Ah well..... never mind!
The music was really loud, and I was really tired anyway, so after catching up with a few people, we left.
Apparently it went on well in to the wee small hours of Saturday morning - and I am sure if I wasn't pregnant, and had a few drinks under my belt - I would have stayed on and partied with them :)
Next year maybe I might just do that, as there is talk about making it an annual casual thing.
Saturday was the Weight Loss Surgery Meet & Greet in Palmerston North, and Mum and I went up to that.
It was a fantastic day, organised mostly by Janine and her merry band of helpers :)
It was really informative, and fun, and I tell ya what... I would have paid the registration fee twice over just to see Lisa O'Neill and listen to her talk about "What not to wear".
I haven't laughed so hard in ages - she was just hilarious!
I picked up some good tips about what to wear and what not to wear, and how to accessorise, so all in all it was well worth it!
Of course there was plenty more to see and listen to, and I met some really cool people, so it was just fantastic.
I will certainly be going back again if there is another one that is for sure :)
Mum, Me & Janine :)

Sunday morning we headed home and I managed to convince Jeremy to stop in Otaki so that I could check out the Outlet shops, but as usual, it was pretty busy, and I hate having to navigate through crowds, so we didn't spend too much time there.
Instead, we carried on home, but stopped for lunch at a beach-side cafe which was just delightful.
Once home I had a million loads of washing to be done, and the rest of the day was spent relaxing - BLISS!
Sucky thing though, is that when we got home, there was a message on the answer phone from Jeremy's best mate to tell us that he was coming back from Australia on Monday, as his mum had passed away suddenly on Sunday morning.
Absolutely gutting for him....
Looks like we may have a house guest for a few days at some stage this week, although we are playing it by ear, as we are not entirely sure what his plans are to be honest.
This week is looking pretty relaxed so far, Rhian is back with her Dad, and as far as I know, we don't have any plans for the upcoming weekend.
That will be good - as we still have a few odd jobs to do around the inside of the house, and of course there is tonnes to be done outside!
I rang another day care centre this morning to put Baby Bob on the waiting list for next year, and was THRILLED to learn that they are actually opening up another centre early in the new year. And it is literally one block away from my office!
For those that know Lower Hutt, it is going in to the old RSA Building on Cornwall Street - AWESOME!
It means that I will be able to go there during my lunch break, as it is literally a 2 minute walk away, instead of a 10 minute drive!
If there wasn't a building in the way, I would be able to SEE it from my office window - SO STOKED!!!!
Can ya tell I am happy about that?! hehehe....
My back is finally no longer giving me pain, but I have my wheat bag at the ready in case it flares up again.
It's a weird time for me at the moment, some days I feel on top of the world, like I could take on anything.
I barely feel pregnant - except for the belly bump and movement I am feeling all the time :)
Then other days, I am miserable and sore, and heavy and burst in to tears at the drop of a hat.
This growing a baby thing is hard work!
Instead, we carried on home, but stopped for lunch at a beach-side cafe which was just delightful.
Once home I had a million loads of washing to be done, and the rest of the day was spent relaxing - BLISS!
Sucky thing though, is that when we got home, there was a message on the answer phone from Jeremy's best mate to tell us that he was coming back from Australia on Monday, as his mum had passed away suddenly on Sunday morning.
Absolutely gutting for him....
Looks like we may have a house guest for a few days at some stage this week, although we are playing it by ear, as we are not entirely sure what his plans are to be honest.
This week is looking pretty relaxed so far, Rhian is back with her Dad, and as far as I know, we don't have any plans for the upcoming weekend.
That will be good - as we still have a few odd jobs to do around the inside of the house, and of course there is tonnes to be done outside!
I rang another day care centre this morning to put Baby Bob on the waiting list for next year, and was THRILLED to learn that they are actually opening up another centre early in the new year. And it is literally one block away from my office!
For those that know Lower Hutt, it is going in to the old RSA Building on Cornwall Street - AWESOME!
It means that I will be able to go there during my lunch break, as it is literally a 2 minute walk away, instead of a 10 minute drive!
If there wasn't a building in the way, I would be able to SEE it from my office window - SO STOKED!!!!
Can ya tell I am happy about that?! hehehe....
My back is finally no longer giving me pain, but I have my wheat bag at the ready in case it flares up again.
It's a weird time for me at the moment, some days I feel on top of the world, like I could take on anything.
I barely feel pregnant - except for the belly bump and movement I am feeling all the time :)
Then other days, I am miserable and sore, and heavy and burst in to tears at the drop of a hat.
This growing a baby thing is hard work!
Yep....getting pregnant is the fun part......growing that little person is one of the hardest things on a woman's body there is. Not just the physical side of it but the emotional toll it takes as well. Not easy but so worth it when you hold your bundle of joy and even more so when they give you the smiles that make even the hardest day the best :) (well most of the time LOL )
ReplyDeleteYep...Lisa O'Neil was just great and I learnt so much, not just from her but about supplements/vitamins/food as well. Made me more aware of what WLS people need to do ongoing. A lovely bunch of people from all walks of life all with the same journey to either make or have made.
Sorry to hear about your friends Mum. Know you will both support him anyway you can.
Have a great rest of week and make the most of the "two of you" time. :)
xoxoxoxo
I am so pleased you enjoyed it Jo. Lisa is hilarious isn't she.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for coming up, it was lovely to see you!!!