8.40am and Rhian has only just woken up!
Anyone that knows us will know that is amazing!
My girl loves to be up early, and for her to sleep in past 7am is odd, but 8.40am??
CRIKEY!
Ah well, she must have needed it huh?
Friday night she had a sleep over at Sonya's place (Jeremy's sister), and then last night they all went off to the Christmas in the Park thing, and she got dropped off at 10pm last night!
BIG BIG day for her - but she LOVED every minute of it.
Friday night Jeremy had a function on, and it is famous for being a total booze fest, and usually results in all involved rolling in the door in the early hours of the morning in various states of intoxication!
So..... rather than just sit at home, I took a bottle of wine to Sonya's and we had a relaxing evening just chatting and laughing...... nice.
Of course Rhian wanted to stay when I was ready to go, so she did.
I got home at about 10pm, and as I was getting out of the car, Jeremy pulled up the driveway - SOBER!
Well, I nearly fell over!
Turns out that he wanted to play golf the next morning, and there was NOTHING that was going to stop him! His golf buddy from down the road has been away for two weeks, so he has been hanging out for a decent game.
I can just imagine the looks on the guys faces when Jeremy left the function and came home - BEFORE MIDNIGHT!
Hahahaha.... that boy surprises the hell out of me at times!
Today we have a family Christmas party to go to out in Upper Hutt.
Jeremy is Santa - he does it every year.
Of course, we have to make sure that Rhian doesn't go telling the rest of the kids, cos she finds it totally hilarious...
Let's see if she can keep a secret :)
I have a carrot cake in the oven at the moment..... we are having a morning tea/baby shower for Natalie at work tomorrow.
I organised the collection, I organised the present, and I have had to organise the morning tea too.
Fingers crossed that it all goes off without a hitch :)
The guy that I have been filling in for at work, comes back tomorrow.
I'm freaking out a bit to be honest....
I know that I am my own worst critic, but there are some things I am not entirely happy with.... most were out of my control, but a couple of things I am SURE that maybe if I knew the system a little better, I could have done something to prevent the current problem...
Ah well - I am sure that none of that makes much sense to anyone.....
Anyway........ he is back tomorrow, and I am nervous as to what he will say.
I'm also bloody RELIEVED that he is coming back, cos I have ONE week left before Nat goes off on maternity leave, and there is so much that I need to take in from her...
ARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!
I think I am beginning to stress myself out a little too much, so I will shut up about it all now!
Time to go check on the cake - it smells GREAT!!!!!
Have a great time at the Christmas party thing.....and I am sure that the Morning tea will go off without a problem...
ReplyDeleteHope the crappy weather this afternoon hasn't buggered up your Xmas party!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great weekend. Hope it was :)
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxoxo