Friday, December 11, 2009
Friday 11th December
I really don't feel like I have a lot to say at the moment, but I am also very aware of the fact that I NEED to update no matter what....
Work is mental busy, but i love it.
It is Nat's last day today and we are going out for lunch to "celebrate".
Also found out that my friend who went on maternity leave at the beginning of the year, handed in her resignation yesterday and wont be back at all.
It doesn't really come as any great surprise, she was born to be a mum and only wanted to go back to work part time - but the company that I work for simply don't offer part time positions.
Plus, by the sounds of it the job that she landed is closer to home, has flexible hours and will be absolutely perfect for her and her new family.
To say that I am not disappointed would be a lie, cos I am.
I was looking forward to her coming back, especially with Nat leaving, but hey, ya can't blame someone for wanting to spend more time with their much loved daughter huh?
Christmas shopping is driving me mental at the moment.
I have NO IDEA what to buy the three remaining people...
They include a 5 1/2 year old boy, a 7 year old boy and a 15 year old boy.
The girls in my life are super easy to buy for - get anything pink or sparkly and girlie and they love it!!!
I found myself in the toy department of a store yesterday, just wandering aimlessly up and down the aisles.
Maybe I was waiting for something to fall off the shelf in front of me or something....
It didn't, and I came out of there empty handed.
Ah well..... 14 sleeps to go, I am sure that I can find 3 presents by then?
Jeremy and I have said no presents this year for each other. Money is tight and why waste it on more crap I reckon!
Of course I would LOVE a bloody big diamond, but..... unless we win Lotto - that ain't gonna happen! hehe
Hmmmmm..... the saving grace in all of this, is that by mid next year, nearly everything will be paid for (to do with the house renovations) and we can actually start SAVING to get the rest of it done!!
YAY!!! Can't wait!!!
The kittens are in at the Vet's today - getting their balls chopped! haha
I rang to book them in to the cattery for Xmas, but was informed that unless they were desexed, they wouldn't be able to stay.
So...... I bloody well booked them in to be de-sexed and vaccinated today.
That way they will be all up to date by the time Christmas rolls around, and we can go away to Mums for a few days without having to worry about anyone having to feed them etc... If they were older, then I wouldn't have a problem with someone coming in and feeding them, but with them still using a litter box and not even being big enough to get in and out of the cat door by themselves, I thought it was better for them to be somewhere secure.
I tell ya - these kittens landed in the right bloody place when they got thrown over the fence - that is for damn sure!!!
They are so cute.... this morning at 6am they were miaowing outside the bedroom door, and as soon as I let them in they were straight up on to the bed and purring like mad things while trying to get Jeremy to pat them.
Too cute!
Last night we were out for dinner with Jeremy's work, it was OK, but I came home early, as I had to make sure the kittens didn't have any food after 9pm (due to their operations today).
Jeremy wasn't too far behind me, I think he got in at about 10.30pm?
While we were out, we saw a faded NZ singing "star" and I use the term "star" VERY lightly!!!
John Rowles.
Anyway, I remember a few years back when he was still "all that"..... looking at him last night, I actually felt sorry for the guy!
He looks old and thin and haggered and just plain miserable!!!
He was alone, but pretty soon he had some old timers around him, and once he had an audience, he perked up a bit.
When we left the bar to go through to the restaurant, he was singing to a couple of people.
Then, when we had finished dinner, he was doing exactly the same thing, still sitting in the same chair, still singing the same line....
"Cheryl Moana Marie........."
Those of you that know who I am talking about will know the song....
Anyway, it was a bit of a laugh - the guys that I was with joked that I should get him to go to a Karaoke bar with us!!!!
NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!! hehehehe.....
Tonight Jeremy has his work Xmas party..... it is a bit like ours, and partners aren't invited, so I am sure that he will have fun with the other guys that he works with.
I am tossing up between having a quiet night at home with the kittens, or going around to Sonya's and having a wine with her and a couple of her other girlfriends.
Guess I will see how the kittens are later on, and also see how I am feeling - can't be bothered going out at this stage, but who knows how I will feel by the end of the day!
Tomorrow we are supposed to be going to a BBQ at Sue's place, but I am a bit reluctant to.
It is a birthday BBQ for someone that she works with, and although I have met a few of her workmates before, I'm not really sure I wanna go to a raging party - cos that is what it will turn in to - I have heard the stories! hehehe....
Again - I guess I will just see how I feel at the time.
God I am a sad sack at times! hehe...
My foot is pissing me off.... I really have to get my butt to the Dr about it.
To be honest, I have just been too bloody busy this week to even contemplate leaving the office.
Next week I have my "9 month" follow up appointments with David - my surgeon.
They really should have been back at the end of October, but I couldn't get in any sooner!
He is very much in demand that man! hehe
I am sure that he will be happy with the way that I am going, and hopefully my blood tests have all come back fine.
I guess I will find out on Wednesday afternoon!
Then, on Thursday, I am getting my hair cut.
I know that I am gonna get it shorter - I have already made that decision - but I am unsure of what to do with the colour.
I will ask my wonderful hairdresser what she reckons..... Jeremy doesn't care, and I haven't had much input from anyone else, and I can't make a decision on my own! I am such a twat!!!
Hehehehehe.....
It's Rhian's last week of school next week too - so Friday will be a half day for me.
I'm looking forward to it all!
YAY!
Life is good.....
Hahahahahaha.......... so much for not having much to say huh?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oooh I think shorter, like that photo of VB, and stay the same colour - you suit the blonde look. That's my opinion anyway.... I've gone for shorter myself with the angle down to the chin and it's SO easy to do - its clipped shorter at the back though.... definitely recommend it.
ReplyDeleteKate (kittie444@hotmail.com)
Just a thought - maybe Lego for the younger two boys, can buy smaller packs and it never seems to go astray. Or beach towels, books, boggie boards.... I would be hopeless at buying for girls.
ReplyDeleteAsk their Mums LOL Thats what I do as you know LOL
ReplyDeleteWe are off to see the "fading star" tomorrow night at the RSA.......hope he can still sing LOL
xoxoxoxoxo
hey I love reading your nothing much to say
ReplyDeletehair you r so lucky to be able to have achoice mine is dark it has to stay dark can do a few foils
Check out trademe for those 3 xmas gifts
I have got a remote contral car and battleship game and a measly $1 each gutted I missed a wee spider man lego thing for my neice she is so NOT pink and sparkly she is 2 and a real tom boy and into spiderman big time(working so gets in the way of trademe)have agreat weekend.
I am interested to see if the kittens or the wine won
LOL ... I started reading that you didn't have much to say so thought it would be a short post! Oh those kittens sound just adorable! How unusual for you both to have christmas parties that partners aren't invited to.
ReplyDelete