Monday, December 7, 2009
Monday 7th December - 88.5kg
No loss this week - not a single gram!
Bugger....
I'm a little pissed off, cos this last 10kg is proving the hardest to budge that is for damn sure!!!
My target of reaching goal by my one year anniversary seems to be slipping further and further away.....
I still have 7.5kg to lose, and just 7 weeks to do it in.....
Hmmmmmm.
The Christmas party yesterday was a huge success - Rhian had a ball playing with the other kids, although she did take a while to warm up!
Once she found out that there was another little girl there who was 5, she was fine! Funny wee thing she is at times :)
The morning tea/baby shower went off fine this morning too.
Almost everyone who said that they would bring food did, and a couple who didn't tell me they were bringing anything did too.
So we have a pile of food left over, but I am sure that will get chipped away at throughout the afternoon - I have put it all in the kitchen - far away form my eyes!!
I made a carrot cake with cream cheese icing - it's got a reputation as being great, and this one didn't disappoint - in fact it was the first thing to go, so YAY ME!
Nat was thrilled with the gift voucher and gift basket I made up for her, and I got a few thank you's from others in the office, so all in all I think it was a success.
Although I am pleased it is all over!
The guy that I was covering for is back in the office, and although we haven't had a chance to catch up yet, he doesn't seem as stressed out as I imagined he would be, so hopefully that is a good sign for me!
My manager is still away until Wednesday, so although I have one thing off my plate, I still have to cover his job, and learn Nat's bits and pieces before her last day on Friday.
It's gonna be a busy week - but I am up for the challenge :)
The neighbours annoyed me last night..... they had an all night blimmen drinking session, and I was woken up a few times by the laughter and singing, and at one stage, there was even a bit of yelling and screaming going on as well.
Although I am not entirely convinced that it was coming from them, and it may have been the young couple across the road....
Ah well - not my problem I guess :)
Just as long as they don't do it again tonight and I can get a decent nights sleep!
Righto... this isn't getting anything done, so best I get back to it....
Oh, you notice how I carefully avoided mentioning the "G" word? (Gym)
That is because I haven't been since last Monday!!
Partly because of work being so damn busy, but partly because I have a munted foot at the moment!
Not sure if I should be going to the Dr or not, but it is an ongoing problem I have had for a few years now.
I think it is the result of just carrying too much damn weight, and the running that i have been doing lately, combined with the 3 hours of walking/running around town for the Christmas party last week, has seen me in a lot of pain!!
I am sure that I must have a stress fracture or something in one of the small bones in the top of my right foot - I can barely walk some days.
I really should go and get it checked out, but I am pretty sure that there is nothing that can be done about it either!
I don't have any swelling at all, just a shooting pain when I walk....
And, since I don't have any particular "accident" or "incident" to out it down as, I am not sure that ACC would cover me if I was to go for X-rays anyway?
I might just go to the chemist and get a support bandage for it I think.
Might do that right now actually, since I haven't had a lunch break yet :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Jo - try not to stress about reaching that target weight in 7 weeks. Look at the big picture aboiut the amazing amount of weight you've lost to date!
ReplyDelete