Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday 30th June

Anyone want a snotty phlemy grizzly tired & grumpy 5 year old???
Anyone???????
She's free?!

ARGH!!!!


I HATE sick kids..... especially when it is mine and I can't get away from her....



Backtracking....

Thursday night last week we were supposed to go out for dinner for Jeremy's birthday.
Well, we decided to go have a drink first at a bar we used to go to all the time, and wait for a couple of friends there.
Great!
I had two glasses of wine, and was pretty pissed, then had another glass and was even more pissed!!
We got some wedges and I had a couple, then had another glass of wine, and was completely trashed!!!
Our friends turned up and I was having a great time... we headed off to another bar and I can't actually remember getting there!!
Apparently I had half a glass of wine there, and then Jeremy had enough sense to take the remainder off me - THANK GOD!!!
We soon headed off to one of our friends places and I promptly fell asleep on the couch!!!!
Of course i can't remember any of this, but I do remember waking up on her couch with a blanket over me, and everyone around me eating toasted sandwiches!
Jeremy insisted it was time to go home, and called a taxi, and the next thing I knew I woke up on Friday morning with a killer headache and a vow not to drink again!!!!
I totally went overboard and it was just plain STUPID!!!
My body obviously can't tolerate the alcohol at all anymore, and gone are the days of drinking 3 bottles of wine!! 4 glasses got me absolutely smashed!!!!
Anyway, I have learnt my lesson about drinking post surgery, and from now on, I will stick to one glass - cos I KNOW that I can handle that!!!



Friday I pretty much spent the entire day in bed feeling totally and utterly sorry for myself. What a damn waste of a day!!


Saturday we were up and about reasonably early, with the intention of heading to the markets, and seeing what bargains we could grab.
In the process of getting ready, J's sister rang to see if we wanted to go to the circus, and after a quick call to Chris, it was agreed that I could have Rhian for the weekend.
We never did get to the market, cos we had fluff around getting tickets, then had brunch, then picked up Rhian, then met up with the others, and then it was circus time.
It is a travelling circus that comes around once a year (I think) and last year we promised all the kids that we would go "next time".
It was totally lame, but the kids enjoyed themselves, so that is all that matters.
The only animals were 4 miniature horses that ran around the ring 5 times, and an elephant that looked way too old and tired to be good for anything! "Jumbo" literally got led in to the ring, did a bow, then got led out again.
The rest of the "acts" consisted of some acrobats and a couple of clowns.
Like I said.... it was totally lame, but it was something different and the kids enjoyed it!



After the circus, Rhian invited Lizzie to come stay the night, then her brother got all upset because he wasn't invited, so Jeremy said he could come too!
So..... I went from dreaming of a peaceful Saturday night, to having three kids under 6!!
They play well together so that is never a big issue - but..... it is the early mornings that I hate!
Ethan wakes up at 5.30am every morning, and no matter what his parents have tried, he NEVER sleeps later than that!
Sunday morning was no exception, although they did stay pretty quiet until 6am - THANK GOD!!!
By 10.30am the extra 2 were gone, and Rhian and I decided to go out and visit a friend of mine that has just got two new kittens.
They are Scottish Fold kittens, and are just absolutely DIVINE!!!!!
Their ears are permanently folded down (hence the name) and they are totally mischevious - as you would expect from 14 week old kittens!

I think they are just the cutest wee things EVER!!!!!!
Of course, they look permanently scared cos of their ears being so flat - but they are just GORGEOUS! lol

Anyway, after visiting Anne and her new "babies" we did a little bit of shopping, then came home in time to cook dinner as J's sister and her family were all coming around for dinner.
Cooked a roast beef with heaps of vegetables, and I even made Ambrosia for them all for dessert.
It all went down really well, and everyone was gone by 8pm.

Sunday night Rhian had a bit of a restless sleep, and when she crawled in to my bed at 7am, and made no attempt to get up and watch TV, I KNEW that she wasn't well.
She stayed home with us yesterday with a cough and snotty nose, and just about did my head in!
She was snotty and whingey and clingy and just generally feeling sorry for herself!
And today isn't much better at all.
We can't get in to the Dr today, but I spoke with the nurse and she seeemed to think that since Rhian doesn't have a temperature, then it may just be a short lived thing.
Off to the chemist I went this morning, and got some cough mixture, and some nasal decongestant stuff - $44 later ThankYouVeryMuch!
But, it seems to have helped a bit, as I haven't heard her cough for a little while now - YAY!!
It's the last week of school this week, so she is probably bloody tired as well, but I just hope that she starts to perk up soon!
Dunno how much more I can take the whining and whingeing and crying and sniffing and coughing and just everything else that comes with a sick 5 year old! Yuk! lol

Progress photos will have to wait until tomorrow (or I go back to work), when I have decent clothes on and make up too.... I know - I am such a vain tart these days!!!

Oh yeah - it's no wonder my clothes are not fitting anymore...... My waist has gone from 119cm to 89cm!! That is 30cm just off my waist alone!!!
No wonder my jeans are falling down.... my hips have gone from 150cm to 108cm! 42cm gone from there FOREVER!!!
And.......... it's no bloody wonder that I have no bras that fit anymore....... My boobs have basically evaporated!! Gone from 116cm to 99cm!!!! That is 17cm of boobage and back fat - gone forever!
20cms have gone from each thigh, and 6 cm from each calf - so no wonder I can zip my boots up nowadays!
YAY!!!!!
Pretty impressed with that lot I am!! hehehehe.....

Righto - time to play yet another game with the snot filled one.....

Later!

Oh yeah..... I successfully managed to delete all contacts from my cell phone that started with an A, B or C, so if your name starts with the first three letters of the alphabet, and I had your number, can you please send it through to me again?

Thanks lovelies!!!

6 comments:

  1. You can keep your snotty kid, I think finally we have no snotty noses in this house yay....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those measurements just blew me away :) Look forward to seeing you soon.
    Hope Rhian is feeling a bit better after the meds. It is really hard having a sick little one. Hope your head stays intact LOL
    Luv Ya all
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Rhian - hope she gets better really soon!

    As to your measurements - WOW! You are really doing such an awesome job and so close to double digits - you're an inspiration girl.

    And as to vowing to never drink again - am thinking of read that once or twice before in your blog over the years ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. The measurements are really impressive!!! Looking forward to seeing the progress photos.

    Hope Rhian is soon better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will swap cute clingy sick 5 yr old girl for stoppy petulant almost 12 year old boy:-)

    Hope Rhian gets better soon. Awsone measurements too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is in the freezer department in New World, said it was a new product....

    ReplyDelete