Thursday, June 18, 2009
Thursday 18th June
Can't believe the week can slip by without me updating!!
SLACK SLACK SLACK!!!
The thing is..... I don't actually have much to say these days to be honest!
Everything in my life is fantastic!!!!
Things are just going so well for these days, that I often wonder if I am somehow living someone elses life?
I have gone through life lurching from one drama to the next, and now that I have complete calm in my life, it almost feels odd!!
The weight is finally coming off, and I am loving it.
The fact that I can walk down the street and feel "normal" is beyond comprehension at times.
And to think that I will still lose more weight, and become more "normal" astounds me..... sometimes to the point of disbelief!
I was going through some clothes the other day, and actually had to convince myself that I would NEVER fit some of the tops again that are already too big.
Three tops that I bought when I started this journey, thinking that I could use them, all still had the tags attached....
All too big! Imagine that?!?!?!?!
Which leads me to the sad fact that I have had to take my Grandmothers wedding ring off and now wear it on a chain around my neck.
Why? It is too big! Even my fingers have shrunk for goodness sake!!
I nearly lost it the other day, and that gave me enough of a fright to take it from my finger and wear it somewhere "safe".
I washed my hands after going to the loo, and didn't notice it slip off my finger and in to the basin.
Lucky for me, the people I work with here are honest, and someone handed it in..... Crisis averted!
Other things I notice now, are little things, like the fact that I was in a meeting earlier today, and the chair that I was sitting in had a hard back. My SPINE was hurting and I couldn't figure out why.... so I reached around to make sure there wasn't anything in the chair, and felt my back........ it was my actual spine bumps that I could feel !!!!! I have spoken before about my butt hurting if I sit for too long..... well, now it appears that I can't lean a certain way in my chair, because my spine hurts too! Crazy!
Oh yeah, and this morning, when I was shaving my armpits, I noticed that they are way harder to get to now...... there is a HOLLOW under my arm!!!
When the hell did that happen?????
I'm not complaining at any of it - that is for damn sure, but it is just stuff that I have never experienced before.
I am sure that there will be plenty of "firsts" for me along the way to my goal, and I am sure that I will be amazed as I come across them - YAY!!!
Anyway, the weight thing has certainly changed my life for the better, I am happier, I am healthier, I am less inclined to think that the world is against me for some strange reason!!!
My daughter is a constant joy for me, and I can't quite believe that my little girl is growing up so fast, the changes that she makes every day astound me and her almost obsessive thirst for knowledge makes me stare at her in wonder at times.
She has this thing at the moment about writing and spelling.
She will say a word, I have to spell it for her, and she will write it down.
It's wonderful to be able to watch her grow and flourish in such a great school too.
They are so supportive and her teacher is fantastic - always keeping us informed of what is going on - it's great!!
Things with Jeremy are going fantastically, and I can honestly say that I can see myself never being with anyone else but him.
We have even talked about having a baby..... of course it will have to wait until after I get to goal, but never the less, it is something that we have both thought about, and both want.
When I think about this time last year, and how miserable I was, I can't believe that WE are the same people.
It's amazing what communication, and honesty and support can do for a relationship....
Plus, the relationship that Jeremy & Rhian have is going from strength to strength as well.
I just look around sometimes and smile, it is all so cool.
And of course the house....... well, what can I say?
I LOVE it and I love the fact that I have had a part in making it.
Sure, there is loads more to be done..... like the outside, the driveway, the gardens, little bits & pieces here and there, and we will get to those eventually, but for now, it is time to take a couple of months and ENJOY the fruits of our labour...... in the nice cosy warmth of our house! lol
So there ya have it!
Things are great, there aren't any dramas to report, nothing is going wrong, and I'm loving it!!!
Oh yeah - for those of you that asked...... Here is the link to the Roman Blind Instructions that I used..... Pretty simple :)
http://www.alternative-windows.com/roman-blind.htm
I didn't line mine... didn't see the need.
And, now that I have finished the kitchen one, I am thinking of making one for the loo and one for the laundry as well....
I'm thinking that if I can make that huge one for the kitchen, that two small ones will be Easy Peasy!
**For those who want to order Avon this campaign - Orders are due to me by Monday 22nd June, for delivery approx Friday 3rd July**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW! Everything is sounding fabulous... I am so happy for you Jo! :)
ReplyDeleteSo awesome to hear how wonderful your life is.... gives me hope that one day I will feel like you do :-). And thanks for the blind link.
ReplyDeleteYou have all come such a long way :) It's great to see :)
ReplyDeleteHad to chuckle about the underarms and your spine on your chair LOL
Have a great weekend.
Luv Ya
xoxoxox
Wow = that post gave me goose bumps... so glad everything is going so well! Awesome stuff.
ReplyDeleteKate (kittie444)
Oh - you just sound on top of the world!! So neat to hear!!
ReplyDelete