Monday, June 8, 2009
Monday 8th June - 103.5 kg
Last week: 104.5 kg
This week: 103.5 kg
This weeks loss: 1 kg
Total Lost: 37.1 kg
Can't grumble at that now can I ??
Just 3.5 kgs to go before I get to double digits............... CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
The weekend flew by in a bit of a blur....
Friday night Jeremy and I ended up going out for a drink with some clients of his, then out to dinner.
I coped very very well, and even managed to have a glass (or two) of wine, which I thoroughly enjoyed!!!
Saturday I spent the day baking with Rhian and Lizzie, and then Lizzie had a sleep over at our place.
The girls were up at 6.30 on Sunday morning, so there was no sleep in to be had by anyone - bugger it all!
Then Sunday afternoon we all headed in to Lisa's place for Anatasia'a birthday party.
All in all it was a great weekend, filled with lots of laughter and friends and love - YAY!!!
This morning I had to go to my Dr for the three yearly smear thing - YUK!
And also to get her to give me some prescriptions for the vitamins that I need to take since having surgery.
It is so much cheaper getting them through her compared to the specialist!
Also....... because my Dr is so damn amazing, she also wrote me out a blood test form, duplicating the tests that my surgeon has done, so that when it comes time for my 6 monthly check with him, I don't have to fork out $190 in specialist test fees!
God I love her!!!
She was so funny....... I had just walked in tot he surgery as she walked out of her office, and in front of everyone she exclaimed "My Gosh, who is this glamorous young lady we have here!?!"
I just laughed, and she comes up and throws her arms around me and says "You are looking fabulous my dear!!"
Of course I blushed and said Thank you very much, and then the receptionist started in as well! hehehehehe....
I am sure the other people in the waiting room thought we were all completely nuts - but it was just so cool !!!
Anyway, once I got in to her room, she couldn't stop gushing about how great I look, and how she was absolutely thrilled for me etc.
Of course she had a million and one questions for me as well, as I am the first patient she has ever referred for Gastric Bypass Surgery.
It was so cool to have her so excited for me, and she was soooooo funny when she worked out my new BMI.
She jumped up from her seat and exclaimed "Shit, it's nearly under 30!!"
Hahahahahahahahaha............
I thank my lucky stars every time I go see her that I managed to find a Dr that is so understanding and cool and so completely down to earth as she is.
Anyway, her scales weighed me at 104kgs fully clothed, and the last time I had seen her, I weighed in at 136kgs, and that was back in October when I saw her to get my referral.
MARVELLOUS!!!!!!
Righto..... time to get my butt in to gear........ I am still trying to catch up on work from last week :)
And.... the job that I hate most in the entire world is waiting for me when I get home......... Cleaning the oven!!!!!
The old oven got taken out of the kitchen, and put in the garage and forgotten about, until we moved back in and found it under a pile of blankets!!
So, good idea - we listed it on TradeMe, and whaddaya know - the auction is closing this afternoon!
I just remembered yesterday that I didn't clean it before it got taken out - so that has to be done now!
Jeremy reckons I shouldn't bother, but I don't think I could live with myself if I didn't!
So...... I will be donning the rubber gloves and face mask this evening - WISH ME LUCK!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Woo hoo for understanding Drs. Especially your one :)
ReplyDeleteHave fun with the oven!!!!!
Was great to see everyone yesterday :)
Have a great week :)
xoxoxoxo
Well done once again Jo!!! Must have been a real buzz having the doctor / receptionist all making a fuss of you!
ReplyDeleteHi Jo, Man, I can't believe I've not been reading your blog for so long. I just found it by accident. I use to read your blog everyday, and then you went private and it took me a week to get over it! LOL!! I saw that you left a comment on Janines blog and BINGO there was your blog again - Its taken me forever to catch up reading you blog - CONGRATULATIONS on your recent weight loss - YOU LOOK FANTASTIC - Krissy - Singapore!
ReplyDeleteyou sound so happy jo... I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteYour just2jo journey has been a long read (back from the old journal days)... but looks like you're finally arriving. Well done :)
Well done on another fantastic loss Jo. How exciting to be so close to the 90's.
ReplyDeleteAnd you are very lucky to have such a great doctor.
Congrats, you never cease to amaze us, you are doing awesome!!!
ReplyDelete