Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday 20th June

What a lazy lazy day I have had today, and it has been great!
Rhian has been a treasure today, and has been a big helper....
Actually, she is calling herself a "SuperHero" today, so all I have to do is ask her alter-ego to do something, and off she goes!!
Reason behind the SuperHero title is the fact that I bought her a cute pink woolen cape thing yesterday and she has only taken it off to sleep.
She seems to think that she is a SuperHero in it, and who am I to argue? lol
Especially since her special power seems to be "helping" me.
YAY!!

I am at home with three kids tonight.....
Jeremy is off at the Rugby with some of his customers, and since I was gonna be at home alone with Rhian, I decided two more wouldn't be a problem when I was asked to babysit!
The kids all get on well, so I don't forsee any dramas..... fingers crossed.

Spag Bol for dinner, and I even managed to eat some too....
I haven't been able to stomach pasta at all very well in the past, so I just had a little bit, and enjoyed every mouthful - YUM!!
Actually, talking about food.... I find that I go a couple of weeks barely eating anything, then a couple of weeks eating larger amounts of stuff.... it's weird.
My hunger has returned, I knew it was just a matter of time before I started to feel the hunger pangs from time to time, but I was still disappointed when I realised the other day that I was hungry in the morning....
Anyway, I have found a great way to stop the hunger pangs....... EAT!
I have started having a small serving of porridge at morning tea time, and that pretty much sees me through until dinner time, of course I try to have lunch as well, but sometimes I just can't stomach it...
Anyway, it's been nearly 5 months since my surgery and I am still learning what I can and can't eat, so it's all a big learning curve.
I still can't eat bread... I was really missing it for a while, so today, I made some beautiful pumpkin soup, and Rhian and Jeremy had some fresh white bread with theirs... I looked at it longingly, and then decided to have a bite.
OK............... two bites.
And within about 5 minutes, I felt ill.
So, I will continue to stay away from the bread......... maybe one day I will be able to eat some without wanting to vomit! hahahahaha.....

Righto - Ethan is asleep already (it's only 7.15pm) as he has had a really big day, and Rhian & Lizzie are watching a Barbie DVD in my room. They have the door shut and the light off so it is "like the movies"....
I give them half an hour before they will both be sound asleep....
Then it will be time for me to have a nice long relaxing bath without any interruptions!
Then.......... I have a couple of chick flicks out on DVD so I will be off to bed to enjoy watching them without the boy complaining about how bloody soppy they are, or about how predictable they are!
LOVE IT!!
I tell ya, I love that guy to bits, and I love having the kids here too, but when it is quiet, and I can do what I want and watch what I want........... It's BLISS!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great was had :) Love your super hero.....long may it continue :)
    luv ya
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should have been great day LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our nights sound the same. I have just had a long hot bath and now getting ready to watch some girlie tv. Gotta love it when kids are asleep, boys are out and we get to do what we want with no interuptions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo,
    Your night sounds like heaven. I was working at the rugby and got home about 10.30pm.
    So glad that everything is falling into place for you and that you are so much happier. When reading your blog you can feel that happiness coming thru. It gives me a real fuzzie feeling.
    Have a great week.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete