Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesday 6th May 2009

Been a busy few days....
Worked on the house hard out on Saturday, got so much done - the walls in the kitchen are nearly ready for painting.... Hopefully some of the kitchen can go in this week.
Sunday we headed off for Hamilton for my check ups on Monday.
Stopped in at Foxton to see Mum & Dad and had the bonus of seeing Steph and Chris who had only arrived in the country at Midnight! Was fantastic to catch up with them both :)
We got to Hamilton to discover that "we" hadn't packed any shoes for Jeremy, and all he had was the jandals he had on his feet. Since it was 5.30pm on a Sunday night, there wasn't exactly many options, so it was off to the Warehouse we went....
After that, we headed off to the casino to make a small donation each lol.
Then we tried to find a decent restaurant that didn't charge the earth, but looked OK within walking distance from our hotel (Ibis).
We ended up settling for Breakers, which was hardly what I would call "decent" but realistically, with the amount of food I eat these days, it probably didn't matter too much! lol
After that it was back to the hotel for a bit of relaxation and sleep!

Monday morning we headed off to the Path Lab so that I could get my blood tests done, and of course I got us lost.... I have NO sense of direction AT ALL!!!!
After that, I managed to find the clinic for my appointments, and am pleased to say that they all went perfectly fine.
Actually, the meeting with the dietician went fine, and the meeting with the nurse went fine, but the meeting with the psychologist was just plain weird!!
It was almost as if I was "expected" to have a series of issues that I needed to talk out.... and I'm sorry to say that I don't!!!!
i was getting shitty at her and her stupid questions.... and I am pretty sure that she was probably getting a bit pissed at me with my constant "I don't know" for answers!
In the end I finally came up with the fact that I have a bit of a mental block when it comes to visualising myself thin....... which she then blew up into a huge deal about the fact that I think that I am a failure and that I am not going to succeed...... which, to be honest, is a total load of bollocks, cos although I might have the odd flash of insecurity about the whole thing (and going by my history - who can blame me?!?), I KNOW that this is going to work, and I KNOW that I am going to get to goal, it's just that I have never been that small before in my entire life, so I have NO IDEA what I will look like.
Anyway, that all seemed far too simple for the psychologist, and before ya know it, she had me doing "art therapy" and "getting all my feelings on paper".
Blah blah blah..........
I told her that I thought it was all a bit airey fairy, and I don't think she appreciated it, but at the end of the day, I wasn't getting anything out of it, and I had to be honest with her....
Loads of people find it fantastic, but I didn't. End of story.

So, after my last appointment, we got back in the car and hit the road..... and just kept on driving and driving and driving!
We stopped once for petrol, then once for a super quick loo stop, but other than that it was driving for 6 hours straight - not something that my tailbone thanked me for that is for damn sure!!!
it was Jeremy's dads birthday on Monday, and the plan was to get home in good time, so that we could head to his place and wish him happy birthday while everyone else was still there (they were having dinner at his house). But by the time we got home, neither of us could be bothered doing anything!
I had a cup of soup for dinner, and I think Jeremy had a toasted sandwich and then we went to bed!!!!!!

Yesterday I had the day off work, so decided to make the most of it, and headed to the house in the morning and did some more painting, then in the afternoon I had a hair appointment, it was lovely to just do what I wanted.... BLISS!
Last night all was going well, then at about 10.30pm Rhian woke up with the worst cough ever, and she was struggling to breathe which freaked me out a bit.
After half an hour, her breathing wasn't getting any better, so I took her to the after hours at about 11pm. We were there for about an hour and he tried two nebulisers, and some steroids, but it wasn't working, and she was very distressed, so we were then sent across to the hospital A & E, and stayed there until about 2am!!
By the time the paedeatric Registrar saw her, her breathing had improved out of sight, and her cough was just about non-existent, so I felt like a total paranoid mother!!!
But it is better to be safe than sorry, and the Dr said that he thinks it was croup and that the cool night air had probably soothed it enough for the coughing to stop.
By the time we got home and back in to bed it was about 2.30am, and although Rhian went back to sleep, I lay there for hours just listening to her breathing and wondering if it would flare up again.... every cough had me on high alert, and as a result I am absolutely shattered this morning!!!
Needless to say, I have kept her home from Kindy today, and will play it by ear for the rest of the week.
She is OK in herself, but still has a cough and a bit of a croaky voice, so I am playing it safe.
Doesn't help that I KNOW I have a busy busy day at work today, and am stressing about it a bit. Chris stuffed his back yesterday and is off work, so he can't watch her at all, as he can hardly look after himself at the moment!!! Anyway, Jeremy is gonna come home later this morning, and let me go to work to get the essential stuff done, then I will come home and he will go back to work.
The things we do.......

And on that note, I better go have a shower and try to make myself look half alive - hard to do on about three bloody hours sleep :)

2 comments:

  1. Like mother like daughter!!!!! I remember those croup days only too vividly and you did the right thing. yep.....the things us mothers do. So glad that Jeremy can hold the fort while you get some work done. Lots of warm drinks and some honey on a spoon if she will take it that way. Ease back on milk but otherwise just whatever she wants. Talk soosn :)
    I hear ya on the trip north. You sound just like Dad....airy fairy stuff!!!!! LOL
    Luv Ya
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - I had to laugh at the art therapy. I also found it a waster of time and I had also had no real issues to discuss. She tried to tell me my weight was part of my anxiety about being adopted.......Hell, i am very svery secure about being adopted. Sometimes they just probe for things that aren't there.

    ReplyDelete