Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday 13th May



HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my 5 year old Princess today!

I seriously can't believe that it has been 5 whole years that she has been on this planet!
AMAZING!!!!!
She is the absolute light of my life and I quite simply can't imagine life without her at all.
To think that she starts school tomorrow brings tears to my eyes, and I am sure that it will be me that needs the tissues tomorrow morning, when I walk through the school gates with her.
I used to laugh when other mothers told me about how they cried on their kids first day of school - now I totally understand it all.

AND........ to know that my gorgeous little sister is going to have all of this to look forward to over the years, is fabulous as well!
Yep - Steph is knocked up!!!

Her and Chris will be welcoming a mini Kiwi/Aussie in to the world in November!
So, so, so happy for them both, I could just about explode!

I know that they are going to make fabulous parents, and mum and dad are absolutely over the moon at the prospect of becoming Grandparents for the 4th time.
It's just plain bloody awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been making an absolute PIG of myself lately......
On what?  I hear you ask???
FEIJOAS!!!!!!!
I bought a stash from the supermarket, and found that they keep really well in the fridge.
All I have to do is take a couple out about an hour before I want to eat them, and let them warm up a little bit.
DELICIOUS!!!
Plus....... my wonderful, lovely, fantastic mother brought me a bag full down last weekend and I have devoured all of them as well.
Actually, I have two left sitting on my desk beside me, so I must make a quick trip to the supermarket to replenish my stocks.
Hopefully they still have the yummy big sweet ones that I love so much!
And...... I was thrilled to discover that the Tank Juice Bar down in the mall, actually sell a "Feijoa Funk" juice, so now I can get my Feijoa fix ANYTIME!

Does it get any better????

Work has been crazy busy this week, which of course I love.... although yesterday I must admit to getting a bit stressed at the amount of stupid stuff that I had to deal with....
Just things that were all going wrong, and took a lot of time to sort out.  Knowing that they could have been avoided with a little bit more communication from our Thailand factory had me fuming... but I sorted it all out in the end (I hope!).

The house is coming along beautifully.....  and of course the countdown is on til moving day.....
10 more sleeps!!!!!
The appliances have all been ordered and are due for delivery on Saturday morning.
So I will have a brand new (BIG) wall oven, a lovely new shiny (BIG) cooktop, and a groovy new dishwasher - YAY!!!!
The heatpump is ordered and being delivered on Friday (I think - must confirm that actually!) and we just have to arrange the guy to install it.
The original plans for that fell through, so I have spent most of this week running around trying to sort out an alternative - but got there in the end.
The lino is being laid next Thursday, the carpet is being laid next Friday, and we move in on Saturday!
Can't wait!!!!
We are heading over there tonight after work to do some more painting and sanding, and I tell ya, the only way that I can get myself motivated to do more DIY lately, is the fact that I know that by next weekend, it will be FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My part over there should all be finished by the weekend, cos I am only allowed to sand and paint..... so next week I will be concentrating on packing up the flat in preparation for the move.
And i just realised, that my main "Packing Box Lady" is no longer in town!!  I always used to get my packing boxes off Rach, but since she has up and moved to the Sunny Hawkes Bay, then I guess I will have to go scrounge around the supermarkets instead!  hahahahahaha.....
I am sure that I will find some....

Righto - Work is calling, so best I get back to it.

7 comments:

  1. I remember this day five years ago well :) Me trying to convince you that you WERE in labour, you wanting a coffee from the hospital coffee shop and determined to walk there, Dad in the waiting room reading and Chris trying to stay sane with you once you found the gas made your voice squeaky!!!! ROFL. Of course me flooding the ensuite didn't help.......the midwife could have warned me it wasn't the pump she usually used to empty the waterbath thing!!! Next time dear please don't ask for a water birth!!!!!
    Love to my first born grandchild today on her 5th birthday.
    Sounds like the house is coming along....will have a nosey at the weekend LOL
    Luv ya
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rhian!
    And what lovely news about your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Rhian!!! I can imagine the tears tomorrow.

    Exciting about the house:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I remember reading your blog when Rhian was born (well before that actually), 5 years!!!

    What an exciting post, Rhians birthday, Steph pregnant & the house nearly finished.

    Did you ever think that you would consider a few too many fejoas a "pig out"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Miss Rhian

    and some strong Mummy vibes coming your way Jo

    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly how you feel about your little girl.. I remember that well and it really does not change as they grow older! Oh and don't forget photos of the completed house!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Rhian... I can't believe I've been following your life online, longer than she's bee in your life - bizarro!!

    Well done with all the house organising too, you're on fire!

    And congrats one being an aunty again! Does that mean we'll see Steph in the maternity sections of our catalouges here soon?!

    K :)

    ReplyDelete