Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday 20th May



Things are a bit mental at the moment, as you can probably imagine!
I am doing shorter hours this week, due to it being Rhian's first week at school.

Bing a new entrant, she is finishing school at 2pm instead of 3pm for the first two weeks, and this also means that she can't start her after school care programme until she has finished the first two weeks.
So...... Mummy is working 9am - 2pm every day this week - YAY!!!!
I could SO get used to these hours by the way!

We get up at about 7am, potter around getting breakfast, having showers, getting dressed etc, then toddle off to school at about 8.40am
Then I work my ass off at the office trying to cram 8 hours work in to 5 hours, and then I walk out of the door at 1.50pm to go and collect the big school girl.
Fantastic!!!
Of course this week, also thrown in to the mix, is the fact that it is the last week before we move back in to the house in Wainui, so there are things to do over there to ensure it is ready for the lino layers (tomorrow) and the carpet layers (Friday).

It's all mental I tell ya!  hehehehe

Anyway, the upshot is............  that Rhian is LOVING school, and I have already had the teacher tell me that she is fitting in really well, and that she is a very kind and caring young girl, often putting her own needs aside to help others.....
PROUD MUMMY MOMENT!!!!!

The house is coming along nicely, and the (slight) panic that I had at the end of last week about the place not being ready in time, has all but subsided....
I have a teeny bit of work to do over there tonight with the paint brush, then it is just a matter of moving the few remaining pieces of furniture out in to the garage so that there is nothing for the lino or carpet layers to have to move.
The kitchen floor needs to be scraped free of plaster drops tonight, then the whole place needs to be vacuumed and THAT IS IT!!!!
When we walk out of there tonight, it will be knowing that all we can do has been done............ well, that is the plan anyway!!!!!!

My body is aching everywhere and is in much need of a break....
I am very conscious of the fact that I haven't done any REAL exercise in weeks, and after getting off to a great start with swimming, I gave up pretty easily when the house stuff started to get stressful.
I was made very aware of the non-swimming thing when Rhian found my Pool concession card in the car, and saw that it hadn't been used!
"Mumma, why haven't you been swimming??"
Ooooops!!!!!!
I have plans (of course) to start again once we have moved and unpacked.

I will go in the morning before work, and it will just mean that I have to get ready for work at the pool.... no big deal - I used to do it years ago, I will just have to do it again!
I also want to get back in to the habit of walking at night again.
Of course I wont be able to walk to work anymore, but I will be able to walk at lunch times and once I get home, so that is on the agenda too.

So........ in a few months time when I come on here and complain about saggy baggy wobbly bits, you will all have to remind me to get off my butt and GET MOVING!!!!!

Righto - nearly time to go pick the Princess up from school - YAY!!!!!

Oh yeah - before I forget....... I will DEFINITELY post before and after pictures of the house that you have all heard so damn much of over the past few months!  
Hahahahaha...... I used to HATE the place, but now I love it and am so damn proud of the work that I have done on it.....
I wont be able to stop myself from showing it all off  :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to se the pics of the house!!! As for the swimming, you will get back into, but at the moment you are running from pillar to post to fit everything else in. Don't beat yourself up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't wait to see pic's of the house as well. Its such a great feeling seeing a place go from drab to fab. (have done three houses in my lifetime and know how much blood, sweat and often tears go into the transformation). But what a thrill to be back living in the new remodelled house, complete with swanky new appliances, carpet and a heatpump. (I had a heatpump installed last winter and its fantastic as I can set it to auto timer and have the house warm when I walk in at night.

    ReplyDelete