I am sitting here in the lounge of my new house!!!
Well........ "our" new house, lol.
Thursday night I decided that it would be a god idea to "freshen up" the paint work in the master bedroom, cos it was done about two years ago, and I thought it was a shame to have the rest of the place looking great, and that room looking older....
*rolls eyes* As if I wasn't tired enough as it was! lol
Anyway, we got it done in record time, and I even managed to get some packing done after that.
I took Friday off work, cos I knew that I had a hell of a lot of packing to do, and I am glad that I did, cos it took most of the day to get everything sorted.
Then Jeremy got home a bit early, and decided that it was time to start packing up the HUGE covered in trailer that he had borrowed.....
So, we got stuck in to it and managed to get most of the house packed up in no time at all.... then the call came that the carpet was finished, but both of us were absolutely knackered, and neither of us could be bothered to come over and have a look at it!!!
In hindsight, I should have come over last night and cleaned the place up a bit, cos there was fluff and stuff all over the carpet that I had to try to vacuum up this morning while the blokes were trying to move furniture in.
Anyway.... back tracking a little bit... we packed up everything except the TV, our bed and Rhians bed, the fridge and a couple of other little things.
So, when Jeremy's brother came to visit, and ended up staying the night, it meant that he had to sleep in Rhians bed (that was already in the lounge being used as a couch!!) and Rhian had to sleep with us.....
OhMiGod!!! I had forgotten how bad it was to have her in the bed!!!
She is a real wriggler and not only that, but she gets herself in to all sorts of positions... I swear that neither Jeremy or myself got more than about 3 hours sleep over the whole night.... NOT GOOD!!!
So... this morning when I little voice woke me at 6.36am to tell me that she was "starving" and needed breakfast, I wasn't exactly in the best of moods!
But..... we all got up and got stuck in to it all again, and managed to get the first load over here by 9am!
That was unloaded, and then the guys headed off to pack up the rest of the house while I was left to try to sort out what was unloaded.
Of course nothing is ever easy, and I had to work around Jeremy's dad who was here fixing stuff up in the kitchen!
Anyway, the upshot is, is that everything is here and unloaded, there are about 8 boxes sitting in the corner of the lounge that belong in the kitchen cupboards, but because there are two cupboards that still haven't been installed, and the island in the middle of the kitchen hasn't got shelves, the boxes remain unpacked.
The heatpump guy decided that it was too cold and too wet for him to do any work today, so didn't bother turning up, and is now promising to do it all on Monday.
Plus, the bathroom needs to be waterproofed before we can use the shower........ two days!!!
OK - we can use the bath, so it wont be that bad, but it is still a pain in the arse!! lol
But, at the end of the day, I am still smiling, and absolutely in love with the house already...
I will post some pics once I have unpacked properly and made it all nice and pretty, then you guys can see what I have been bleating on and on and on about for the past few months!
I am positive that I will have a good loss this week, purely because of the amount of physical work that I have done over the past few days.....
Actually - that reminds me, I have NO IDEA where the scales are! hahahahahahaha....
Righto - I am knackered, so it's bedtime at 8.45pm on a Saturday night for this Nana!!
ohhhh, how exciting. And what a good mummy you are letting a restless 5 year old sleep with you. I made Evianah sleep on the floor with a few cushions when we were moving, and told her it was 'just like camping' except a little more comfortable as she was on carpet instead of dirt. (and she bought it, so was all good. lol anything to not have to put up with her tossing and turning all night).
ReplyDeleteSafe and sound in YOUR ;) new home. Well done!
ReplyDeleteNow you can relax! I bet you sleep well tonight!
Safe and sound in YOUR ;) new home. Well done!
ReplyDeleteNow you can relax! I bet you sleep well tonight!
SM :)
Awesome to hear that you are all moved back to the house and it you seem to have things unpacked in record time. Can't wait to see the pics
ReplyDeleteAm so glad you are all moved in and happy. Have a great Sunday :-)
ReplyDeleteThe house will gradually get to how you want it. Each day will see you a bit more unpacked and organised.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the photos!
Hope the move and settling in goes well. The weather is abit yuck but at least you are altogether in YOUR home and can enjoy all the hard work that you have put in.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of the weekend and all the best for a great week.
Joanne
Hey Jo,
ReplyDeleteCool to finaly be in the new place.. am sure I will see you at the mall again soon..
Luv Sunflower and Jack
Here's to a happy life in your new home....
ReplyDeletewish you all the very best in your new home
ReplyDeleteFELICITY