Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday 29th May



I don't really have a lot to say to be honest.....

All I seem to do is go on and on about how great things are!  hehehehe....

I feel like a million bucks today, and it must be showing as I have had so many people stop and ask me how things are, and tell me how great I am looking.
I had to go to my old office this morning, and I think back a few months ago to when I was nervous about going down there cos I KNEW that everyone would be thinking about how fat I had got.
This morning I waltzed on in, and a couple of the guys had to take a second look at me.
One even called out "Hey Skinny!"
Seems like such a lifetime ago that I was scared to show my face.....

Even a simple thing like walking through the mall no longer makes me shake in my boots!
I can walk through with my head held high, and not give a second thought to those around me.

Speaking of Shaking in my boots......  today I have a pair of mid calf boots on!  When I bought them about 6 months ago, they wouldn't do up.
I bought them brand new off TradeMe without trying them on of course, and the auction said that they would fit a "generous calf".
Well, the seller obviously didn't realise that my calves were more than generous, so the boots have been sitting in my wardrobe for far too long, and I found them last weekend when we moved.
When I tried them on this morning, the zip went all the way up without stopping and I just grinned!!!
So, my new boots, teamed with some jeans that I have NEVER been able to fit, and a cream roll neck jersey, sees me completely comfortable on a casual Friday.

I have also discovered something really really weird about myself.
When I was bigger, I would go to the shops and buy clothes without trying them on, then get home to find that they didn't fit, get all depressed about it, and shove them in a drawer somewhere.  It was almost like an obsession with me.
Now...... I have realised that I haven't actually bought an item of clothing for a long time.
OK - a long time for me is a couple of months!
Anyway, I am sure that the thing I actually bought was a vest thing for work, and that was when I was in Hamilton the day I was released from Hospital after surgery.
So why is it, that when I couldn't fit anything, I would buy incessantly, yet now that I can fit things, I am not buying at all?
Strange.......
But of course my credit card is thanking me for it that is for damn sure!!

Righto - I might just go for a wander off to "Bed, Bath & Beyond" to have a look for some wall art for the bathroom.
There are some spots on the walls that are *ahem* less than perfect, and I want to cover them over with something....
Problem being, is that it is right over the bath at the shower end, so no matter what I put there, it is gonna get wet....
Any suggestions???

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, i usually read, but do not comment. However i thought i might send you a congratulations for getting to your lowest adult weight, how fantastic. i imagine all the moving and painting is great exercise for toning up as you go. i can imagine it would be difficult to buy clothes at the moment, if you might be the next size down again fairly soon. i can remember when you were just a bit over this weight a while ago and you had a great photo of you in some leggings and a tunic style dress to about the knee if i recall. Anyhow i thought this might suit you also now, perhaps with the new boots even. A tunic style dress could always be taken up a couple of inches or have a belt added later even. In australia we have op shops or charity style shops with donated goods. i wonder if you have something like that in your area because i believe you could find quite a choice of nice knee length skirts or dresses to wear with the boots and leggings. You could also get some tops or skivies or a cute jacket. The good thing about these shops is the money goes to a good cause, you get to try something that you might not be sure of, like a new color or style, and you also do not have to spend much time, as it does not have to be the best look for you jeans, just a reasonable fit. Becuase you are tall i would imagine that sometimes wearing boots over some knee socks over some jeans could give you a bigger range of jeans to choose. That way in a couple of months if you want something in a smaller size, or you have more time to try on all the different types of styles you could now choose from you will have plenty of time and money for that then. i guess i cannot wait to see another progress pic of you showing off your long legs with a nice knee high skirt or tunic! from Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Jo, I really mean it!
    It must be the best feeling.
    So proud of you.
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if it would work but what about a nice shower caddy/holdall type thing that you could stick to the wall? that way it could get wet and be functional? otherwise I say play the kiddie in the house card and put some nice plastic transfers of pretty princesses over the spots! Rhian will love you for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had to say that I loved Lisa's comments and yes Rhian would love you........not too sure about the man!!! LOL :)
    So happy that you are warm & dry and happy with the way life is at the moment. Have a great weekend :)
    Luv xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete