Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday 9th May

It's been a busy busy week and I have hardly had time to breathe let alone update my blog.....

Of course I had Monday and Tuesday off work on Annual leave, then Wednesday I was off with Rhian being sick.
Thursday I went back to work and she went back to Kindy, but I had a half day meeting off site, that I HAD to attend, so therefore had half a day to catch up on three days worth of work! YEAH RIGHT!!!
Friday we had Rhian's 2nd school visit, so I had to go out a couple of time in the morning to drop her at school, stay for a while, then collect her and take her to Kindy... Very busy!
Then, in the middle of all of that I was frantically trying to organise carpet laying quotes, sort the heat pump guy out, order appliances and organise Rhian's birthday party for today.

Blimmen Crikey!!!!

Anyway, it is now Saturday evening, and all is calm again......

Mum & Dad & Steph left to go back up to Foxton not long ago, Rhian is watching a new DVD that she got for her birthday, Jeremy is glued to his laptop playing Pokerstars, and here I am, with 5 minutes to myself - YAY!

Rhian's party went really well. As much as I don't actually like Lollipops Land much at all, I think it is the perfect place for a kids party, as it means walking in, watchin gthem play, then walking out again and not having to worry about catering, cleaning up, games etc.... BRILLIANT!!!!
PLUS...... Rhian loved it, and that is all that matters to me to be honest!!!
I didn't do such a good job on the photo taking, as I was too busy pouring drinks and dishing out food, then cutting up the cake to worry about my camera, but hopefully my wonderful father got some decent shots that maybe he can email me?? Or...... if I know my dad, he will get my Mum to do it for him ;)

We had a great turn out at the party, and was fantastic to BOTH of my gorgeous sisters there!!
Oooo, that reminds me - we had a photo taken of my mum, dad, and their three girls... YAY!
MUM - can you flick that one through to me too please *wink*

Anyway, where was I??
My two gorgeous sisters.... I am so so so lucky to have two sisters that although they are completely different, they are so so so amazing in many diverse ways, I thank my lucky stars that I am blessed to have two such awesome ladies in my life :)
Gushing much?? lol

Actually, to be honest, at one stage today, I was just standing by myself at the birthday party, in the middle of Lollipops, and looking at everyone that was there....
My family was there... My Mum, Dad, Steph, Lisa and her Husband Andreas, plus their two adorable children Zac & Anastasia. Then there was Jeremy, and his sister Sonya and her husband Pete, plus their two kids Lizzie and Ethan. Then, at another table, was my ex-husband Chris (actually, I guess since we aren't divorced, he is actually still my husband! lol), plus his girlfriend Marie. Then there were his parents, and his sister. Then of course there was everyone else.... my cousin and his wife plus their two boys, plus some of Rhian's friends and their parents.... all getting along and talking and laughing and just enjoying life.
It was just great, and= it reminded me how damn lucky I am to have such an amazing family and extended family.
Yeah - now I really AM gushing!!! lol
I guess it just made me think about it all...... That's all.

Righto...... other things...
We have two weeks left until we move back in to Jeremy's house..... and I am slightly nervous that it wont be ready in time!
I am in charge of painting the kitchen walls tomorrow, while Jeremy sands the ceiling in the lounge.
We need to get as much done over there this week as possible, as the heatpump is being installed next Monday, and the carpet and lino is being laid on the Thursday & Friday of the same week - then we are moving back in on the Saturday or Sunday!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crazy stuff!

Anyway, it seems that my "me" time is over, as Rhian is demanding her dinner....
Best I get off my butt and so that I guess :)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like Rhian had a great birthday - I can't wait to see the photo's! Good luck with the house stuff. It will be great to move back after all your hard work. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby is 5 - can you believe it?
    I remember the day you found out you were pregnant and the day you had her (gassed up phone call that I will never forget - precious), I can't believe 5 years have gone by.

    The house renovations are sounding all go with the finishing touches being done - how exciting.
    I bet you can't wait to get in there.

    Hope you have a fabulous mother's day as you are a fabulous mother :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big milestone for Rhian! Lovely for you to have all the extended family around you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will send through the photos. Have a great day having Rhian home for Mothers Day.
    Loved yesterday and catching up with everyone :)
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Miss Rhian

    felicity

    ReplyDelete