Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday 15th May 2009





My big school girl on her first day of school - ain't she gorgeous?!?!?!
Can't believe that I now have a School girl as opposed to a pre-schooler or toddler or baby!
Maybe I should have another one..............

Anyway, I rang her last night to see how her first day went, and she proudly told me about the homework she had!
OK - so it is just a book that she had to read, but it is homework all the same :)
Of course, she thought it was "too easy" and can't wait to go back to school today and get another book!
Chris said that she was up at 6am all raring to go yesterday, wonder what time she got up this morning? hahahaha...

Things on the house are going full steam ahead at the moment.
We were over there last night finishing the kitchen walls, so now the cabinetry can all be moved in today and tomorrow.
The paint in the laundry, toilet and hallways got a touch up, and I have to do another coat in the hallway either tonight or over the weekend to make it look all nice and bright again.
It is finally coming together, and I can't wait to get back in there to be honest!
All of the appliances get delivered tomorrow, as does the new heatpump.

The kitchen should be wired up (by Jeremy's electrician Uncle) over the weekend, then the carpet and lino go down Thursday & Friday, and then the heatpump goes in on the Saturday morning of the weekend that we are moving!
It's all a bit tight, but I have every confidence that it will all be sorted in time....
YAY!!!!

Food - I found out last night that I was right in thinking that I cannot tolerate bread at all.
I haven't had any for a while, cos the last time I had some, I felt quite ill.
Anyway, last night, we just had reheated casserole out of the freezer - cos after painting for hours at the house, there was NO WAY that I was going to cook ANYTHING from scratch!!!
Anyway, Jeremy was having his on toast, and made me a piece as well.
After two bites, I just KNEW that it wasn't sitting right. I felt sore and bloated and just plain yuck, and I had to stop eating completely.
I couldn't face anything else for the rest of the night, which was OK, cos I wasn't hungry anyway, and I went to bed with an upset tummy.
So, I can now safely say that I will be avoiding all bread from here on in - I HATE feeling sick, and if bread is the culprit, then I just wont eat the bloody stuff!
Of course, there would be nothing more I would like to do than go buy a fresh loaf of unsliced white bread, cut a slab off, smother it with butter and peanut butter, mash a banana on top and hoover up the whole thing!!!!!!!! Hahahahahaha......... and I wonder why the hell I was so damn fat?!?!?!?!

Actually, after typing that out, I can honestly say, that the thought of fresh white bread makes my stomach churn!
How bizarre is that then?? It used to be one of my major downfalls.

Righto - I keep getting interrupted and it has so far taken me about two hours to type this, so I will give up now and go do some actual work, before I go for a coffee break! lol

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Rhian's so cute!! A big school girl now! Does sound like you better have another one!


    Hope the house comes to shape in time for the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just you wait.. she is going to change so quickly now! School does that to a kid... they are suddenly all grown up! It's sad.
    White bread.. ooo I love it too.... must admit I would be devestated if I could never have any more.
    Have a neat weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow look at Miss 5 she is getting so grown up

    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good to see that last sickos comment was deleted!! What sort of loser posts things like that!!

    Rhian looks so happy to be off on her first day at school. Make sure u remind her of that when she turns 14 and thinks school is boring :op

    You are doing fabulously btw .. have been keeping an eye on your blogs for about 3 years (??) and you always inspire
    xxx

    ReplyDelete