Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Wednesday 29th September 2010
Got a call from my midwife last night to say that the tests that I had done a few weeks ago (to rule out Downs Syndrome) have come back and I am at "Very low risk" so that means there is no further action to be taken!
YAY!!!
Because of my age, I had to have a blood screening done, plus a scan to measure the Nuchal fold at the back of the Babies neck, plus the scan also determines if a clear nasal bone is developing.
Great news that everything is "normal"...... I did have a wee panic attack a couple of weeks back about it all!
This morning I had a terrible Dumping episode.....
On the weekend I bought a new cereal to try, as part of my eating breakfast plan...
Well, I guess I was a little too cocky, and didn't even bother to read the label at all. I just assumed that I would be fine, cos lord knows I can eat pretty much everything else these days, just in smaller amounts :)
Anyways..... I put it in my bowl, covered it in milk (not trim milk - another mistake) and chopped up a banana in to it as well.
It was DELICIOUS!!!!!
But........ no sooner had I swallowed the last mouthful and put down my spoon, did the room start spinning, I started sweating, my nose started running, my stomach started churning, and I felt like I was going to pass out or throw up, OR BOTH!!!
I had to sit with my head between my knees for a bit until I was OK enough to walk to the toilets.
But, once there, I couldn't even throw up!!
It lasted about 45 minutes really bad, and I have felt BLAH ever since, and it has now been about 2 hours since I ate!
Now that I look at the label, I see it is 3.3 grams of fat (OK and within the guidelines for WLS post-op) BUT..... it is 24% sugar!
HOLY CRAP!
Lesson learnt!
READ LABELS JOANNA!!!!
I think I will stick to my porridge at just 2 grams of fat, and .4% sugar from now on!!
This morning I decided that I really should try on my dress that I plan on wearing on the weekend to the races.
It fits...... JUST!!!
Admittedly, it is tighter than I would like it to be around my belly, but it will just have to do.....
I will try to remember to take pictures through the day this time too....
I wont be drinking at all, so wont have the excuse of getting pissed and forgetting! lol
Jeremy and I sat down last night and made a list of things that still need doing around the house to complete the DIY stage, and finally be able to put an end to the renovations.
It was good to be able to establish that we are "nearly" done, but then again, there seem to be so many little jobs around the place that still need finishing, it almost seems like an impossible task at times!
The outside is the last BIG thing that needs doing, but when we got the quote back from the builder of $3,000 just to fix the rotten weatherboards, and baseboards around the bottom, it was gutting.... That doesn't include the re-puttying of the windows, nor does it include the replacement of some window frames and window sills.
We can add on another couple of thousand to have that done.
It's quite depressing to be honest!
We were looking at doing some re-financing to pay off some other bills and include it all in the mortgage, but that plan has been sidelined due to some unforeseen circumstances and we are basically back to square one again.
With the re-financing option, also came the dream of me being able to take an extra few months off work (without pay) when the baby comes, but that now looks impossible too.
I'm not going to go in to any great detail here, but lets just say that it is totally out of our control, and our hands are completely tied in the situation.
Now, it looks like I will have to go back to work after the standard 14 weeks that the government gives me for paid maternity leave.
I really didn't want to have to do that again - it was so damn hard having to have someone else look after Rhian when she was so young..... I didn't want to have to do it again.
But it looks like I have no choice again.
And I am totally gutted about that.........
OK, enough bitching, there is nothing I can do about it, so I just have to deal with it and get on with life.
Yeah I know it all sounds very cryptic, and I guess it is, but I can't go in to any more detail, so I will just leave it at that.
I'm still holding out for some good news, but I'm also being realistic and not getting my hopes up.
And on that note, I'm still not feeling the best, and now to top it all off, my head is spinning again, and I have gone all dizzy, making it very difficult to see the screen, let alone type properly!
So I will sign off here and hope like hell it all calms down soon.....
Stupid Dumping!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bummer about the dumping episode.
ReplyDeleteLive and learn mate.
As for the finances...sucky... we all have those sorts of issues. Shame you won't be able to spend more time home with the bub. My daughter is in the same boat.
I am also getting a wee bit comfortable with eating as I have only had one real dumping episode and that was minor compared to what your describing. I hope your feeling better today.
ReplyDeleteWorking with young babies seems to be the 'norm' these days and it totally sux eh?
I hope something else pans out......can wait to see you this weekend AND that gorgeous dress on you. Lots of photo's please ;)
Great news about the scan Jo.
ReplyDeleteHard to work with a baby, I remember our girl being in tears when she had to go back to work, but maybe think quality time rather than quantity time with your baby.