Seems like it has taken forever to get here.... and I am pleased to say that the morning sickness is finally wearing off too!
It's been a busy week, and I didn't realise I hadn't done an update since last Monday!
The days have pretty much been running in to each other lately, just because work is so busy and a bit stressful at times too.... but I still love it.
The days have pretty much been running in to each other lately, just because work is so busy and a bit stressful at times too.... but I still love it.
Someone (sorry - can't remember who) suggested cutting back my hours at work while I was suffering so bad from Morning sickness and the tiredness that comes with the 1st trimester.
Unfortunately, that is not an option at all.
I love the company that I work for, but there is black and white rule regarding part time..... they don't do it.
My manager (and his manager) have both been pretty bloody good about everything to be honest - I have lost count of the amount of times I have finished early and not had to worry about sick leave or anything. In fact, I have probably had about 5 days off in total if you add all the early finishes together - so I am pretty lucky I reckon :)
Anyway - hopefully it wont be an issue for too much longer, cos like I said - the morning sickness is definitely easing up :)
Yesterday we got a heap of stuff done around the house, got the 2 spare rooms sorted and furniture shifted around, so now we have one spare room with a queen size bed in it, and then we have the babies room, with bugger all in it at the moment.
I am going to paint the walls, and make some curtains (might look at some fabric today actually), and I can't wait for it to start looking like a little ones room - too exciting!
I know that it is still ages away, but I like to be prepared, and time seems to get away from us with the DIY things around here ;)
Anyway, we were also tidying up the garage yesterday, and saw how dirty and dusty the cot was getting, so Jeremy decided to bring it in and set it up.
At the moment it has all my ironing in it, but it is still pretty cool to see it there all the same :)
Crikey - I am just rambling ain't I?
Rhian and Lizzie were awake at 4.30am this morning!!! They both came in to our room in their dressing gowns and slippers, and wanted to watch TV!
There is a clock in Rhians room, and she knows she isn't allowed up until after 6am, but the clock wasn't working, as they had unplugged it last night to use the CD player instead.
Anyway, I sent them both back to bed rather promptly, but I am positive that they didn't actually go back to sleep!
Then, at 5.20am they were up again, trying to get the DVD player in the lounge working without waking us up!
Of course I had already heard them creeping down the hallway, and went out and growled at them again - but they were so bloody wide awake I gave up and set them up ion the lounge with the DVD.
Then at 6am on the dot, they started giggling and racing around after the dog!!!
When I went out to tell them off again, I could hardly argue when Rhian told me that it was 6 o'clock and that she was allowed up at that time!
ARGH!!!!
So...... that woke Jeremy up, and anyone who knows him, knows that once he is awake, THAT'S IT! There ain't no more sleeping going on!
Imagine my surprise when he suggested taking the girls out with him to do some work!!!
Imagine my surprise when he suggested taking the girls out with him to do some work!!!
He had to go in to the city to deliver some letters to some residents where one of his crews will be doing some roadworks in the next few weeks, so he suggested taking the girls with him, and they could actually deliver the letters!
GREAT!!!!!
I got up, made them breakfast, packed them a little snack bag each, and off they all went!
But of course I couldn't get back to sleep, so I have now tidied the house, done 2 loads of washing, folded all of yesterdays washing, and am now wondering what to do next.......
DAMN not being able to sleep!
Ah well - at least it is quiet :)
12 weeks.....yay, one big milestone out of the way.
ReplyDeleteKnowing how organised you are, I bet the babies room is painted, curtains made and everything else sorted well before the 3rd trimester...haha
Sounds like a busy weekend with those two girls LOL
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the weekend :)
Luv Ya
xoxoxo