Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday 2nd September 2010



Got a call from my midwife last night..... it seems the cramping and spotting WAS coming from something!

I have a Subchorionic Hematoma on my uterus.
WTF?!?

Apparently it's a fancy way of saying I have a blood clot between the membrane of the placenta and uterus.
Nice..... not :(

When I asked her if it was anything to be worried about, she simply replied:
"Well, there is nothing you can do about it, so try not to worry"
Hmmmmmm......  OK, I'll TRY not to worry!!!

She did say, that I have to take it easy, no heavy lifting or strenuous exercise - like that is gonna be a problem!!
The most exercise I do these days is walking from the couch to the loo and back again!
Can you spell L. A. Z. Y.  ??   hehehehe...

Anyways..... the clot can do several things....
It can stay intact and not affect the pregnancy (that's what I'm hoping for)
It can be reabsorbed in to the body - not affecting the pregnancy - I'm hoping for that too.
Or it can bleed out, and either NOT affect the pregnancy, or totally affect it.
NOT hoping for that option!!

But... like my midwife said, there is not a damn thing I can do about it at all, so I just have to go with the flow and take care of myself :)

We have Puppy Pre-School tonight, so that should be a laugh...
I get to watch Jeremy get all protective over his wee Bella girl :)
Too cute!!!

Work is still mental, and I'm still loving it - although at times I just wanna scream and shout and throw all my toys out of the cot!
I'm a bit fluey at the moment, so that mixed with the morning sickness (read ALL DAY sickness) makes me a pretty grumpy camper!
My fellow office dwellers have learnt pretty quickly though, and most are giving me a wide berth..... Gotta love that!


6 comments:

  1. Take good care of yourself and your baby....and do what your midwife tells you :O)

    Take care Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jo, I can understand your worry. Easier said than done to not worry but it is good advice. Don't stress about the things you can't control.
    Make the most of your 'lazy' time. It won't last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A scary time huh. Make sure you do take it really easy and if work gets too stressful then make sure you don't let it get to you.

    I am sure everything is going to be perfectly fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - just read about your scare. Pleased to hear your baby is ok! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thinking of you and baby... try not to worry, though easier said than done..

    Puppy preschool :) isn't it fun?... our puppy just graduated her class LOL and will be going to adolescent school in Oct LOL sigh.... they grow up so fast :( lol

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo, with work being so crazy and you needing to take things easy is cutting your hours back a bit an option for the duration of the pregnancy? Hard not to worry, but maybe some shorter hours might help you to relax more.

    I loved taking our dogs to puppy pre-school!

    ReplyDelete