Monday, September 6, 2010
Monday 6th September 2010
My bathroom is finished!!
FINISHED I tell you!!!
100% completed!!!
The mirror is up, the towel rails are up, the walls are sealed, it is FINISHED!!!
I'm THRILLED!!!!!
And I found my scales :)
85.3kg, so that is 200 grams less than what it was nearly a month ago - YAY!
Not bad considering I feel like I have gained about 10kgs!
My tummy is certainly a little "rounder" than what it used to be, and my jeans are fitting a lot more snug than what they did a couple of months ago!
Not that I am worried of course..... I know that my jeans will soon be banished to the back of the wardrobe and I will be living in dresses and tights.
I'm very very lucky that I some work trousers that I have taken in at the waist, that I will be able to "let out" that will see me through the next few months!
Anyway, back to the house stuff.........
We decided to have a bit of a shift around in the kitchen, and I gotta tell ya - it looks WAY better!
I used to have an Island in the middle of the floor, but it was a pain in the butt as it was hard to have more than one person working at the bench at a time.
Jeremy and I were constantly tripping over one another, plus it was pretty tight when opening the dishwasher.
Plus, the Island was actually in two parts, and the kitchen wasn't big enough to have it in the middle of the floor complete, so half of it was against the wall.
Anyway...... we joined the two island together (the way they were originally designed to work) and pushed them both against the wall.
BRILLIANT!!!
I now have a ton of room and there is no tripping over each other or the dishwasher door!
AWESOME!
The funny thing is now that we have pretty much finished all the renovations on the inside of the house, I have found that I actually like it a whole heap better now, and I'm not in such a mad rush to leave anymore!
Sure, I would like to eventually get out of the suburb that we are in, and move over the hill to a nicer area, but it's not quite so urgent now!
I'm sure that once we have the outside done and the gardens landscaped - I wont want to move at all!
Hehehehehe - yeah right!!!
Ah well, I guess we will just take it as it comes....
The next inside project for me, is the baby's room.
Since we aren't going to find out what we are having, I have decided to paint it a neutral colour, that can be accessorised either with pinks or blues.
I have chosen a really pale pretty green colour..... it's a gorgeous soft light green that looks awesome against pale pink, and pale blue.
I am thinking that I will make my own curtains, as I haven't really seen anything I even slightly like, so I will look for some fabric over the next few months.
SO EXCITING!!!!
Booked in for my 12 week scan next Tuesday, and this time Jeremy will be coming.
I also have to have blood tests at the same time, and then go and visit the midwife, so it will be a full on afternoon.
I can't wait though - I'm looking forward to seeing Jeremy's face when he sees our wee babe moving about on the screen in front of him, instead of just seeing a stagnant picture off a CD.
I am sure that he will get a bit emotional - he's a tough nut on the outside, but a big old squishy marshmallow on the inside :)
Not much more going on...... work is still crazy mental.
I am still feeling all fluey and stuffed up, and I am sure that my workmates are getting sick of me sniffing all day long!
If I am still feeling like this tomorrow, I might just take the bloody day off!!
We'll see........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow it's not often that you hear of someone who doesn't want to know the baby's sex! I can't wait till Amanda has her next scan so we know! lol
ReplyDeleteGlad your home is coming along so well.
Oh how exciting for you decorating the nursery - that's the thing about renovations, it's like you've gotten a brand new house already. Enjoy your ultrasound and well done on maintaining your weight so well.
ReplyDeleteYAY the bathroom is finished.......I could feel your relief in this post...hahaha.
ReplyDeleteThe scan (with J along for the ride) is going to be awesome.........how exciting *squeal*.
I am glad you don't want to know what sex the baby is - then you get a nice surprise.
ReplyDeleteAny chance of some photos of the infamous bathroom????