Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesday 1st September 2010



I had a bit of a scare today, that I NEVER want to have repeated thankyouverymuch!

Last night I had a few cramps - one in particular had me doubled over and a bit shaken./
Then this morning I had a bit of spotting and more cramping!
I rang my midwife, who suggested I get in for an urgent scan - which I did!
So.... this afternoon I drank my 1 litre of water again, and held it again, and trekked off to Pacific Radiology.
I tell ya.... I didn't think I was overly concerned, but when the radiographer showed me my wee baby on the screen, with its flickering heartbeat and wriggling legs, I cried!
The tears just came, the relief was amazing and I was just overcome....
It is tiny!!  But perfect by all accounts.
It is tracking bang on the growth chart and has all it's legs and arms, and YES - there is only ONE baby!!
Phew!
Heart-rate of 168 beats per minutes - how amazing is that???
It was really really wriggly too, with arms and legs going everywhere.

And now..... I can breathe a sigh of relief and know that my wee baby is perfect :)

YAY!

3 comments:

  1. Sheesh, what a worry for you! So glad all seems to be well. Do you/midwife know why you had the pain/spotting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like what happened to Steph at about the same time. Remember when I had to tell you she wasn't coming & you didn't need to meet the plane for the party in Rotorua & why!!! LOL
    I know how scarey it would have been for you and hopefully it wont happen again......another reason to suggest it's a boy!!!! :)
    Luv & big Hugs
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary...........thankfully it all turned out alright - fabulos news!

    ReplyDelete