I was supposed to see the midwife early this week, but I spoke to her this morning and we have postponed until Friday afternoon.
Reason being, I am stuffed full of a bloody cold and she can't risk passing it on to new born babies...
Fair call I say!
I just can't believe how crappy I feel, and how fast it has come on!
Yesterday I had a bit of a snuffly nose, by yesterday afternoon the itchy throat had made an appearance as well, then last night by the time I went to bed I could barely breathe through my nose!
After a rough night, my nose is now running like a bloody tap and the cough is getting worse...
A quick trip to the chemist confirmed the fact that there is nothing I can take to help with the runny nose (except nasal spray and I HATE that stuff) so it looks like I just have to suffer through it!
BUGGER :(
So... I'm miserable and craving comfort food - isn't it funny how all the food that I "want" are heavy fat laden carbs...
A pie would be nice, so would a nice hot burger, even some toast dripping in butter and peanut butter would probably suffice!
But no.... I've settled for my yoghurt and nuts and fruit again - even though I can't taste it!
I'm a bit of a grump today... I just want to curl up and go to sleep, but of course with a hypo toddler, loads of work and crappy weather - that just isn't going to happen!
You could make a low carb treat - I make chocolate muffins (recipe on my site) and have whipped cream with them. You could even make choc sauce by melting a little chocolate and mixing with cream.
ReplyDeleteAnother comfort food I make is the lwo carb pizza. You could have some of the bases ready made in the freezer. A real quick comfort food is the berry whip recipe - cream, yoghurt, diet jelly and some raspberries.. very delicious.
Even my the chocolate mousse I make is comfort food (easy as, on my sit too).
If you deny yourself yummy stuff then you will be tempted to eat the wrong things. I'm sure your comfort foods are different to mine but there is always a way to make it in a paleo/low carb way!!
Jo.Go and have a MUMMY nap when Jaynie goes down for a rest.Think about yourself and that little bundle of joy.Than worry about all the other incidentals.Take care girl.
ReplyDeleteSouthgirl x
Hey Jo, a nice natural way of clearing your nose a bit is by using a NeilMed Sinus Rinse kit - I don't think they are too expensive. They come with little sachets of a salt solution to add to warm water. You lean over the sink, insert it into one nostril, squeeze and it comes out the other one! Sounds gross I know, but its really soothing and clears things out.
ReplyDelete